Trash Talk

GarytheDino

I get a real laugh out of the trash talk that sometimes goes on in AW.

I just want to tell you one that I came up with the other day. There is a guy at work that keeps talking about how he wants to armwrestle me. The dude is pshyco, tall and big handed. He ate 9 grilled cheeses for lunch. I've seen him AW my friend Ed and couldn't pin him. I keep telling him he has to beat Ed to get a chance at me. I have invited him over to the house several times but he never comes. So next weekend I'm taking the AW table to work and he knows it. Now to the punch line........... "He says are you ready for this" and my response was "I'm ready but you're not" :D

Gary thats funny I had a similar thing happen at work and told the guy Im going to bring the table with me next time so no excuses!

Austin

Occasional trash talk between friends is fun, I have only recently started doing it when my training partners want to cut back volume during lifting sessions. I still think it's not good behavior between co workers or athletes ect....

DESTROY HIM ! :rock

Edited by Darco

After you put his arm through the table. Show him some technique and maybe hell stop acting like a jerk. If not break his arm then hell stop for sure.J/K he knows he cant compete with you thats why hes talking junk.

It's all in good fun. BTW Tommy destroyed me AW today, but that guy at work just likes to joke, sometimes he says he gets to use both hands to make it fair.........he just wants a challenge.

He offered me the tenth one, he couldn't handle it. He had 3 packs of oddles of noodles too.

Gary, that kind of talk goes on all the time. At least I get it all the time. Most of the guys who have been around the GripBoard for a year or more know about the problems I have had with guys on this issue. My problem is that I don't look like your typical bulky Powerlifter/Weightlifter. So when guys hear that I armwrestle or they hear from others about how much weight I lift, they get very bent out of shape about it.

For some reason it rubs guys the wrong way when they hear about someone who can do something that they can't. They feel threatened or something. I have had challenge matches with National Champion Powerlifters and have beaten them, I have beaten 310 pound farm-hands and I have had a fifty dollar challenge for any one who could keep up with me in my hand and arm workout. But over the last year and a half I have had to stop all of that! Peaple have became very hostle. This disrespect - almost hatred - for anyone who is stronger or better at something that others, is down right frightening. I have been threatened and even had to hire a lawyer - all over the fact that someone, who out-weighed me by almost one hundred pounds, couldn't handle the fact that was stronger than him. Anymore I mind my own business, don't talk about any of it to anyone at work - or anywhere else - and I don't invite anyone to my house to train who I don't know to be a friend. It's a strange, mean, disrepectful world we live in now, guys.

Dave...

Well Dave, Its true we live in a sick messed up world. A lawyer because you beat a guy in Armwrestling? Wow that guy must be pathetic.Hopefully the people that act like that go into another sport. Armwrestling has come along way and hopefully one day it can be a very respectful sport. It seems like those kinds of guys will keep the sport out of the real mainstream ashame for us. Well just like the old saying goes,It takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch.

The Match............

Tuesday we decided to go ahead and armwrestle. Neither one of us could wait any longer. Saturday I had just done all the bending armwrestling and everything else. I figured he would be so easy that it wouldn't matter.

We went right handed first.....we both top rolled and guess what he beat me 3 times and I slipped out twice. Then we went left, we both top rolled and i won all of those. We talked about the right hand for a while and latter in the day went back. I told him that i was going to try a different move. This time I hooked and beat him every time.

He wants to go in the straps next time. I think that would be to my advantage. I'll give him a hard time about for a few weeks.

I think I found a new armwrestling buddy.

Good thing I'm not a gambler.

The Match............

Tuesday we decided to go ahead and armwrestle. Neither one of us could wait any longer. Saturday I had just done all the bending armwrestling and everything else. I figured he would be so easy that it wouldn't matter.

We went right handed first.....we both top rolled and guess what he beat me 3 times and I slipped out twice. Then we went left, we both top rolled and i won all of those. We talked about the right hand for a while and latter in the day went back. I told him that i was going to try a different move. This time I hooked and beat him every time.

He wants to go in the straps next time. I think that would be to my advantage. I'll give him a hard time about for a few weeks.

I think I found a new armwrestling buddy.

Good thing I'm not a gambler.

Looks like someone needs to work on there toproll :happy

yeah, I'm going to practice top roll with him and he needs me to put him in the hook for practice.

yeah, I'm going to practice top roll with him and he needs me to put him in the hook for practice.

work the rotator strength of your wrist......like when you go from a curl to a hammer curl......I could beat anyone in my school by toproll even when i didn't necessarily go for it there hands just flopped back.....and I started doing some leverage wrist work and I noticed that my wrist rotator strength was way up there naturally.....I call it wrist rotator for lack of better words......all I know is if someone gets me in a hook I can open them up....and I can toproll others very easily....I am not a pro by anymeans and have faced no pros....but from my experience with people bigger and physically stronger than me I have been the strongest in this movement...

What i do to work on my wrist strength for a toproll is grab a leverage bar with some weight and practice with the leverage bar & weight going through the motions of a top roll.Make sure the weight is pointed down towards the ground. Its harder then it sounds. But it works for me.

What i do to work on my wrist strength for a toproll is grab a leverage bar with some weight and practice with the leverage bar & weight going through the motions of a top roll.Make sure the weight is pointed down towards the ground. Its harder then it sounds. But it works for me.

yeah thats what i am talking about......I can get 20 pounds with this movement......

Dennis, That incident was actually over a curling contest. I out-curled him. The harrassment went so far that I had to hire a Lawyer to threaten him with a Law suit to get him to stop. The managment claimed that they could not do anything unless they actually caught him in the act. I decided not to beat him down, because I didn't want to lose my job or go to jail and get sued. I don't react like that unless given no choice. So I took legal action and that solved the problem.

Dave...

• 2 weeks later...
was that the monster that was talking trash!

He is a monster with a 8.5" hand, mine is 7 3/8.

He beat me again, but it was the day after a hard workout.........it's going to mess with his head when my arm is fresh.

I showed him how to tear cards and he couldn't do it........I actually eighthed the deck.........it was an easy one until it was in quarters :blink