Closed The Coc #2 For 49 Reps.

king crusher

Crazy display of strength 'endurance'.Amazing recovery time between Max rep efforts.

Very,IMHO,unusual ability to recoop so quickly between maxing out your reps

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. Regardless of how far you let the gripper out, that was the most impressive part of the whole display to me :bow . Pretty freaky-looking wrist tendon too :blink

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• king crusher

• Mikael Siversson

• Bill Piche

• tspinillo

thanks for the props guys.

most of you guys are first class....but a couple gave me really bad pms....to be honest thats the only reason i did thhe vids.....out of anger lol.

i could have went for alot more attempts of reps....i was only getting more each time....ask gordon.

my 1,2 and 3 were on avg about 40 reps then 4th was like 45 then 5th was 49.

in between sets was 3 or 4 min as we shot the breeze.....i could have kept that pace going.

i think i will order a 4....then go for reps with my 3.

ive tried an easy 3 before and it was A JOKE.

ive tried a 2 that was harder then this preticular 3.

thats why the 3 close is cool but they very sooooo much that one guys 3 close can be worlds better then anothers.

the dyno is the best test....and i squeezed 219 on a dyno.

I once did mostly high rep sets for a while.  Got to the point where I could do a good amount of reps with a #2...but STILL couldn't close a #3.  Sometimes the body just won't transfer the strength built from high reps to a max effort. 

Some people can make it work.  Like Zakath and maybe Flo.

Thanks for the credit :)

But I don't really do high reps consequently, at least not the months before LGC XIII or the Euros -05.

To king crusher, great job man, just don't get angry when people won't believe your claims without proof, as long as you know you can do it!

49 "reps" w/ # 2

0 "reps" w/ # 3

Sound strange?

YES something is VERY strange. You called him out on the reps and now that he does it instead of congratulating him you bring up something else. In my book that is VERY strange.

49 "reps" w/ # 2

0 "reps" w/ # 3

Sound strange?

I thought this was about repping the #2? Give KingC a few days off before he has to make the trek to GordonV's again.

:whistel

49 "reps" w/ # 2

0 "reps" w/ # 3

Sound strange?

YES something is VERY strange. You called him out on the reps and now that he does it instead of congratulating him you bring up something else. In my book that is VERY strange.

Those "49 reps" were not what I consider reps to be Greg. I watched the video. They were not reps. There will always be cheaters.

I appreciate the exerted effort as it will hopefully lead to "King Crushers" progress. I personally don't consider them to be "reps" whatsoever.

but dave that is what he was talking about, those types of reps!

49 "reps" w/ # 2

0 "reps" w/ # 3

Sound strange?

Those "49 reps" were not what I consider reps to be Greg. I watched the video. They were not reps. There will always be cheaters.

I appreciate the exerted effort as it will hopefully lead to "King Crushers" progress. I personally don't consider them to be "reps" whatsoever.

Dave you have every right to consider small reps not "your" kind of reps. He did essentially what he said he could do and that should have been the end of it. What does concern me is that you use the term "cheaters". This is the second time you wrote that in a short period of time. When someone "cheats" they must be explicitly breaking some sort of rule. I hope I am reading your posts incorrectly because I am getting a lot of negativity from them and your previous posts led me to believe this is not the way you are. I am not siding with KC either, I find this whole call out situation as a bad situation likely to escalate.

Greg

Dave you have every right to consider small reps not "your" kind of reps.  He did essentially what he said he could do and that should have been the end of it.  What does concern me is that you use the term "cheaters".  This is the second time you wrote that in a short period of time.  When someone "cheats" they must be explicitly breaking some sort of rule.  I hope I am reading your posts incorrectly because I am getting a lot of negativity from them and your previous posts led me to believe this is not the way you are.    I am not siding with KC either, I find this whole call out situation as a bad situation likely to escalate.

Greg

I totally agree with you, you sound like a very reasonable man :kiss

The problem some people are having is going back and reading through the labor thread where you post about your reps, "i consider a rep to be opening to about an inch." That is what people were expecting to see, not baby reps. If you wouldve said 50 baby reps then I don't think you would be catching much hell. Bottom line is you did a lot of closes with a #2 in short amount of time. While impressive, honestly it was not what you promised. Now do I really give a steaming pile, no. I have no idea if I could or couldn't do it, but if you are going to do 50 3/4-1" reps, then that's what most people want to see. You will always have the back patters. You could've held it closed for 40 secs and snapped your fingers, called it reps and someone would've got on here and been impressed. On the flip side, if it had been what you said, then there would still be heaters. In the overall skeem, it does not matter, just train to get stronger.

dave,i can not only do a 3 but i can do my 3,which is above avg,and i have done it no set no chalk on 7 different occasions.

maybe you missed were i dynoed 219 friend?

theres captians of crushes who have dynoed under 200.

some people let there true colors shine through.

tell ya what davie,you produce a video of any depth and i will out rep you at your depth of choice?

better yet,as you like to talk me down,why dont you supply other feats you can do, see whos the real athlete. i bet it wont be you lol.

to everyone else,thank you for not being close minded crow mags.

this dave guy is a huge tool,its ok guys.

he amuses me.

can you say hater.

dave,i can not only do a 3 but i can do my 3,which is above avg,and i have done it no set no chalk  on 7 different occasions.

maybe you missed were i dynoed 219 friend?

theres captians of crushes who have dynoed under 200.

some people let there true colors shine through.

tell ya what davie,you produce a video of any depth and i will out rep you at your depth of choice?

better yet,as you like to talk me down,why dont you supply other feats you can do, see whos the real athlete. i bet it wont be you lol.

to everyone else,thank you for not being close minded crow mags.

How is it he is a tool and a hater and you say what you do and you are not? I don't like what he said about "cheating" and I am no fan of your posts either.

Greg

I do not know Dave from anyone, I do know that he calls BS when he thinks he sees BS. Also, if you are wondering who the athlete between the two of you would be, and again I don't know you, but seeing as how Dave played pro-bball in European Leauges if I'm not mistaken, he may have you on that one hawse.

You call Dave a name because he calls you out, and you get on here and act like a 14yr old punk, and you think you don't have the same light cast on you???

for the last time....they are not baby reps wtf.

baby reps are opening the grippr just enough to close it agian and get a "click".

i can promise you if i did them that way id do a heck of alot more then 50 lol.

the shortest rep was around 1/2 inch. those take alot more out of you the baby(clicker) reps.

im going to put a friggin hoseclamp on my two set to 3/4 inch and pound out reps.

bottom line.....no one will ever be happy,but i get a huge rise out of it all. its a joke to me.

I don't think you want to call Dave out on being a true athlete. He is believe me I have seen him pick a 320 honed smooth as glass stone up like it was nothing and do a double with it like nothing. Also He played pro basketball in Europe. I think he has proven him self as an athlete. I total understand you are upset about what has been said. I just don't think you want to go there. I don't really care what your reps look like just do what you are going to do . If you get stronger than awesome keep it up if not change it up and see if you get the resaults. Whatever works. :D:calm

Edited by nickr104

im not gtting into a tit for a tat.

bball in europe is not pro usa ball,two different levels.

i can dunk on a 10 foot rim though.

run a 4.5.....which is not deadly fast....but its fast.

bench 335lbs for 4 reps

squat 405 for 8 reps

dead lift 425 for 8 reps.

all at 228lbs. not bad.

no powerlifter stats but i have long limbs.

overall very well rounded.

i dont know my 1rm because going lower then 4 reps in pointless for me.

ive never been injured.

I don't remember me saying anything about pro Europe bb being the same as USA pro bb. I seem to remember that our US players have not done so hot over in Europe the last few years. By the way, What pro sport did you play? I don't think anyone said you weren't strong I didn't It is just I have seen Dave in action and know he is freaky strong for his size that is all. Sorry if I made you mad.

Edited by nickr104

im not mad i have thick skin lol

i can dish it out but take it to.

i backed up my claims 100%

theres three people on this board who make me laugh.

two wont even come out to play lol

King, you're barking up the wrong tree if you think you're going to show up Eli or Dave in the all around athlete department.

Where'd I put my haterade.....I need to get fueled up and come back to this thread.

Edited by Sean Dockery