Powerball Worth It?

unseenbeat

Have members of this forum gotten a lot of use out of their powerballs? Seems like a fun thing to play around with, and gets you stronger in the act of it.

Edited by unseenbeat

its my favorite toy! took me about 3 weeks before i could put it down for a day. besides being fun and addicting the better you get at it, the better workout it will become.

I assume you are talking about the DynaFlex Powerball... I have found the DynaFlex Pro, Pro Plus, and original. Is this gizmo worth the price? Which one do you recommend? I am currently working up to IronMind #2 CoC Gripper; will this help me close it? Any input is welcomed. Thank you.

I personally have tried and not liked the powerball. I like grip in a big way, sledging, O-lifts, strongman and Kettlebells but the powerball feels like a toy to me and rather use other means to strengthen lower arm and wrist. It does not help my grip.........I'd be better off playing with my grip toys. I know others who are the total opposite though.

Rydini

chillywillie, i don't know what you mean by ''dyna flex'' but go to www.powerballs.com and what you are looking for is the ''powerball pro''. this is the same as the basic model it just comes with a meter on it so you can measure your rpm's, thats the funnest part! as i said before i love powerballs but they will not help you close a gripper, there is no carry over to crush with these toys. the better you get and the faster you can rev it it becomes a great forearm workout and somewhat of an upperbody workout depending on how you go about spinning it, but most of all powerballs require, and build to a certain extent, wrist strength. good luck with the #2.

watzd411, as i said above it becomes a better workout the better you get at it. when i first got it i ranged in the mid 11k rpm's and i would do it all day every day. now i have broken 13k a few times and i average about a 12,500-12,600 and i find myself having to rest from it more cause my lower arms are being worked hard. i do realize though that its not for everyone, one of my friends is the same way despite the fact that me and some others play with them non stop.

If you're going to buy one buy it at www.powerballs.com. I've tried a DynaFlex that my friend has, its not as high quality as the powerball and it was rough to spin. It could have been his lack of knowledge on how to properly use it that made it so rough. When he tried my Powerball he loved it, especially the RPM counter and that it could move extremely fast.

The Powerballs are great, a little more expensive but worth it in my opinion. They have a real warranty thats awesome. It covers the whole powerball as long as you have it. When I first got both of the Powerballs I was a little rough with one of them and messed up one of the parts inside it. I just sent the company an E-mail stating what part was messed up and the sent a new part to me quickly. I easily replaced it and I was back to business.

I think they blast the wrist and forearm. If nothing else it sure is fun to see how fast you can get the gyro spinning, it sounds awesome when you get the speed up and its hard to hang on to.

Later, Jason \\m//

Edited by com202

• 2 weeks later...

Contrary to what Wayne thinks, Powerballs are awesome! :laugh

But on a serious note, they are a lot of fun and they will build up your arms. I just read on the Powerball website that they recommend use it in thirty-second bursts with each hand for 7-10 minutes. If you do that, it'll get your forearms pumping.

YOU'RE GOING DOWN AKIS! :flame

Psyche!

I use mine to pump a lot of blood into my forearms for recovery. More of a therapy use for me than anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

in my opinion a powerball is a good thing for warm up for armwrestlingtraining, griptraining and recovery

in my opinion a powerball is a good thing for warm up for armwrestlingtraining, griptraining and recovery

Absolutely. The powerball gives you a very good warm up for the entire forearm.

Here's how I use mine- about once a week I take it with me when I go out with the wife; shopping at the mall, long distance drive, grocery shopping, or on a long walk. Fire it up, look at my watch, and keep it spinning for at least an hour, shifting hands as needed, and trying to keep it above 9K rpm all the time. Last time I did 75 minutes, and my danged arms felt like they were going to fall off when I finally gave in and put it away!! My hands and forearms ached for 3 days afterward. I also grip the thing while it's spinning as if I am trying to crush it. Has it helped my performance on the grippers? I don't believe so. Has it improved the definition and vascularity in my forearms? Yes, I believe so. My greatest benefit from it still seems to be the relief from agonizing carpal tunnel pains I get at night after big grip workouts. I don't wake up with hands that feel like blocks of wood, or worse yet, the needles and pins sensation... :( I get stopped by women a lot who want to see it and ask about it. Men just sneak glances at it. The blue one might get you in trouble at night in the car- I worked mine on a trip down south, and as I played with it, cars ahead of us hit their brakes and pulled over. I finally figured out they must've thought it was a police light. It's another training tool just like any other....

John Scribner