Guest woody36

Guest woody36

Wrist straps, good or bad?

Sometimes with bending i feel i could maybe push a little

further if my wrists were strapped up.

I think i've only seen one pic of you in wrist straps,and that

was levering,

Any thoughts on the subject?

I've tried to use wrist wraps while bending and they don't seem to make any difference. Probably every bend in my logs is without wraps, since my experiments with them were last year.  

On levering I warm-up without wrist wraps and then use them on my heavy sets.  For now, that's up to about 12-pounds without, and then with the wraps for the 16-pound hammer and above.  My feeling about this is that I have set my sights on someday duplicating the awesome Slim Farman, and since he wears wrists wraps so do I.  

One logical reason to use the wraps is that your hand gets used to the higher weight.  With my recent 18.5-pound hammer lever I even felt it in my triceps and shoulder.  These muscles were stimulated in a way differently than other weight training exercises, they were really sore!  I think this has already carried over into my non-wrapped lever lifts, such as the "Iron Indian" Club and the EZ-Bar lever I described yesterday on the board.