Reverse Curls

Patrik_F

I have never done any sort of Reverse Curls before. But I have now started since I suspect that it's just that forearm muscle being worked that is now my weak point in armwrestling. I use very low weights with a dumbell for higher reps, I can tell I am weak there. It is always that particular muscle that aches after a few pulls.

I toproll a lot. Do some of you armwrestlers on this forum use the Reverse Curl? Do you feel that it helps the pulling? Especially for toprolling?

The Brachioradialis is the muscle I am talking about. One of the more important muscles for armwrestling right?  :)

Yeah try the hammer curl. Reverse curls wouldn't hurt but they wouldn't help as much as hammer curls. Good luck man!

I have tried lots of Hammer Curls too, but I feel that the biceps are the limitation there. When I do Reverse Curls, it really hits the spot and my forearm gives out much much earlier than the biceps.

I have tried lots of Hammer Curls too, but I feel that the biceps are the limitation there. When I do Reverse Curls, it really hits the spot and my forearm gives out much much earlier than the biceps.

yeah I know where your coming from.....but in the end do what works best for you man....

Patrik I would do both.I would do heavy hammer curls first. 3sets 8-10 reps.Then i would do thick bar reverse curls 3sets 8-10 reps. That should give you a great pump and add some additional strength where needed.

• 2 months later...

Digging up an old post . . .

Lately Ive been doing hammer curls followed by thick bar reverse curls and I love the combination of these to lifts. I recomend it for pullers

Austin - have you tried the Power Forearms workout with the Formulator - killer! The reverse curls with the Formulator had me working hard with only 25# on the second go round.

No but Im looking forward to trying it. Are you hitting crush at the end of the workout like the program suggests or at the beginning? When I do low volume gripper work with singles it doesnt take away from my forearm strength so I might modify it on that one point but thats about it. Thanks for the tip, Ill let you know how it goes.

Austin

Austin - trying to train for the Tarheels contest right now so I did two hand pinch on my Euro copy, grippers, then Power Forearms thru 2x and the levering from PF which ended up pretty light because my hands quit moving towards the end.

And where is this Power Forearms workout available??? I need bigger forearms.

• 1 month later...

Last month I walked up - set-by-set - to 120 for a single in the Reverse-curl and I got 100 for 15. I have been doing these things for years but guys, I just have never seen them as a forearm builder (hammer curls or reverse curls). I think you have to do the movements that require the forearm to pump, or contract, for it to become larger. Such as Barbell and Dumb-bell Wrist-curls of all types, Wrist-rollers, ect. With Reverse-curls and Hammer-curls, the weight is being held with the wrist, the foreaem is straight for the intire movement and the contraction is in the lower bicep. So, it is my conclusion that these are not a contracting forearm movement and therefore they are not a forearm builder.

Dave...

Edited by sixgun

I have never done any sort of Reverse Curls before. But I have now started since I suspect that it's just that forearm muscle being worked that is now my weak point in armwrestling. I use very low weights with a dumbell for higher reps, I can tell I am weak there. It is always that particular muscle that aches after a few pulls.

I toproll a lot. Do some of you armwrestlers on this forum use the Reverse Curl? Do you feel that it helps the pulling? Especially for toprolling?

try these with a dumbell one rep = regular dumbell curl , hammer curl, and reverse curl , thats one rep hits the whole arm and you will get a pump