Kevin Bussi

Bill Piche

thats a tough gripper  :D  I sent the gripper out today wannagrip !!!

Thanks!

Tough is an understatement! Again, GripBoard members you must appreciate this beast and the guys who are at this level of closing it. :bow

"I have always said that video is almost as much as the closing of the gripper. You must pay so much attention to the angles and lighting and distance that it is very distracting."

I don't agree Paul. It's not that hard to get good video. Most people would do better just by getting it close. Also, with the IM certs, you have to have control to take a still shot with a camera and that means a very controlled and powerful close. It's actually easier to get the shot required with video because you can "stop" and just catch the close. There are some MM closes that would never have been able to be captured with a camera showing the handles shut.

So, what's the difference between a digital camera shot showing the handles touching and a video shot? Nothing. Except, the video is again for the benefit of the athlete. Especially catching the parallel set.

"I have always said that video is almost as much as the closing of the gripper. You must pay so much attention to the angles and lighting and distance that it is very distracting."

I don't agree Paul. It's  not that hard to get good video. Most people would do better just by getting it close. Also, with the IM certs, you have to have control to take a still shot with a camera and that means a very controlled and powerful close. It's actually easier to get the shot required with video because you can "stop" and just catch the close. There are some MM closes that would never have been able to be captured with a camera showing the handles shut. 

So, what's the difference between a digital camera shot showing the handles touching and a video shot? Nothing. Except, the video is again for the benefit of the athlete. Especially catching the parallel set.

I agree that closing the gripper is hardest. I have tried a few videos myself lately and with the weather lousy outside and my inside lighting not as bright as day..it can be shadowy and unclear, but closing the big grippers is still MUCH harder.

Taking a video though is something one must get used to, but at this level there should be some video experience.

I don't agree Paul. It's  not that hard to get good video. Most people would do better just by getting it close. Also, with the IM certs, you have to have control to take a still shot with a camera and that means a very controlled and powerful close. It's actually easier to get the shot required with video because you can "stop" and just catch the close. There are some MM closes that would never have been able to be captured with a camera showing the handles shut. 

I agree that closing the gripper is hardest. I have tried a few videos myself lately and with the weather lousy outside and my inside lighting not as bright as day..it can be shadowy and unclear, but closing the big grippers is still MUCH harder.

Taking a video though is something one must get used to, but at this level there should be some video experience.

I think the toughest part is getting your parallel set on video. It's so easy to block it with your set hand or go the opposite route and waste strength showing it. Shane is the best I've seen at finding the perfect mix of showing a legal set but not wasting extra strength holding it longer than necessary. The pause sets are impressive but don't allow the gripster to close his max gripper.

It sucks when it is so close! I have no doubt whatsoever that you will be on level 3 soon!

Man, too bad this time Kevin! You should have that thing in the bag next time you try!

Closing grippers close to your max on camera and making sure the angles are right is difficult, but with some practice it can be done without a lot of effort.

Man it is tough to tell.....you will get it next time...you do have 3 attempts each time, only saw one!

Edited by pdoire

ARE WE STILL GONNA SEE THE TRY AT THE MM3  :)

I'll get it up in the gripboard gallery too.