I Did It My Way

dennisb

Well I did this prehistoric bicep/forearm/grip training today. And i must say im impressed. The feel of holding the 2.5" pvc pipe with an eyebolt centered in the middle where i then fastened a 5 gallon bucket filled with cement blocks and boulders. Was awesome. I started doing full range bicep curls then partials at the top, 6 sets 8-10 reps then did the same on the reverse curls. I never had a pump as i did today. Next was some Plier hold Hammer curls 3sets 8-10 reps. My Forearms and biceps were so pumped i wish i had a camera to take a picture and put it up in my gallery. Last in the mix was some paver stone wrist curls about 20-25lbs 3sets 10-12 reps and to finish it all off i did some wrist rollups. All using the same 5 gallon bucket it was great to feel my muscles pumped like this using some stuff i had in my shed. and in my yard. free and effective. Im gonna make my armwrestling table in a couple weeks. And train like i did today And maybe i can hit some small tornaments in a few months well see. Maybe ill win

work on technique too. sounds like you had one heck of a workout good job. are you an inside puller or outside?

Well its hard to say Dadams I havent pulled in a long time. And when i did pull it was amongst friends nothing serious. Im trying to get the strength and power i once possesed so i can become more active in armwrestling.However it looks like ill be solo on this venture for some time. But when i hit the tables ill let you know my technique. I think it would be a safe to assume i would be an inside puller because when i was in peak condition i was extremely strong for my size. I was benching 405lbs at age 15 and im 31 soon. I havent lifted seriously for a year or so but im very interested in armwrestling and plan to get in shape A.S.A.P but ill keep you posted.

just remember it is more technique than power. i was dissapointed when i learned that to. i had a big bench in school also. technique is very very important. youll be good on the strength part. your gonna want to get strong wrists also.

Dadams any A/W specific wrist routines you feel like sharing im all ears. I know for a fact my wrists are a weak link compared to my forearms and hands. I tryed to lift my dinning room chair by the front leg off the floor and couldnt do it. So i am gonna hit wrists a bit more then the hands. Problem is I dont know really how to train them for max results for armwrestling.

do you have anyone to pull with? you might work on dumbell wrist curls. you should read smittys article on his site on tranining the wrist. work on the chair thing. i like that one, you may have to choke up a bit but it is worth it.

yo good luck man....but here's a little truth for you....if you curled 150 one hand it wouldn't matter.....because armwrestling is a side to side movement.....basically to be what some consider a beast you have to build tremendous side pressure.....now i am not saying what your doing is bad it's truthfully good for you.....but if you really want to be good at armwrestler.....armwrestling is what you have to do......

I train with my younger brother.....I train all the movements while he uses two hands.......and I have im stand at my side and take both his hands and pull my arm from the side to work my side pressure and shoulder control....and it truthfully after about 3 weeks of doing it has made me stronger......Look at John Brzenk......he armwrestles more than he has ever touched a weight.....just some words of advice.....ohh I am also trying to devise a workout the stress the dumbell curl and the side presssure needed while hooking....hard to explain but yeah....if you cant find anyone to pull get some ruber tubing.....and get enough to where you can't armwrestle it down and go from there.....

Dadams, i live i a town where there is no one to pull with. And its hard to accomplish anything around here i called a few pubs and bars to see if they had any A/W for fun, They were like armwrestling whats that kind of mentallity. So im gonna have to rig up a pulling station to get my reps in. I know its not the real thing but my last option is to A/W my 6 year old son...lol, Kyle thanks for the advice and i agree there is no training that would replicate real A/W except A/W its self. Brzenk pulls i think once or twice a week with all sorts of people until hes exhausted. Lucky stiff...lol,so im gonna call a few more bars and see if i cant make them put a week or two out of the month to get some A/W in there ill even make a regulation table or two. Ill see what happens.

Dadams, i live i a town where there is no one to pull with. And its hard to accomplish anything around here i called a few pubs and bars to see if they had any A/W for fun, They were like armwrestling whats that kind of mentallity. So im gonna have to rig up a pulling station to get my reps in. I know its not the real thing but my last option is to A/W my 6 year old son...lol, Kyle thanks for the advice and i agree there is no training that would replicate real A/W except A/W its self. Brzenk pulls i think once or twice a week with all sorts of people until hes exhausted. Lucky stiff...lol,so im gonna call a few more bars and see if i cant make them put a week or two out of the month to get some A/W in there ill even make a regulation table or two. Ill see what happens.

:D Good luck man.....also get some cables or enough of them....so that when you pull you can barley move them.....like isometrics.....I mess around with those and they have a nice carry over......

dennisb one more thing is dont be afraid to lose, alot of people cant handle getting beat. everyone is beatable. when you finally get to pull, find out what your stengths are and you weak points are and make your weak points on the same level as your strong points. I really hope sixgun gets in on this thread and same with maverick and some others!

Thanks guys i truely appreciate all the positive input and im glad i became a member of the Gripboard, its a cool place and so far some pretty cool members. :cool

I know everyone says it but it is like one big family! Sixgun and some of the other here know way more than i do.