#3 Close

Guest Radiulis

Guest Radiulis

All this recent talk of new number 3 closes really fired me up since i have been sooooo close to closing it in the past 2-3 weeks (im talking 1/16th of an inch or less). After a little warmup i decided to give it a go before my regular weight training this afternoon. First two tries flopped at a penny width distance, but the third came down all the way! I would not have known were my spotter not there to see it. I realize many of you will be skeptical but don't worry, i plan on doing one better than a photo since i just borrowed a digital camcorder.

P.S. - Is Jesse Marunde still the only teenager to have been certified?

Congrats on closing it.  Feels good don't it!!  Good luck on getting the video.

(Edited by Bearcat 74 at 9:34 pm on Mar. 19, 2001)

Great job!  Can't wait to see the video.  Man, I've got a long way to go on the #3, but hearing about everyone elses success just shows me it can be done.  It just takes hard work and persistance.  Before this board it almost seemed like something only mythical guys could do.  Of course, in my book, if you can close the #3 you are sort of superhuman!

JD

Being so young and STILL being able to close the CoC #3 is so amazing!  I doubt if I would be able to close it when I was your age - so pat yourself on the back!  Here's to a job well done!

Congrats - pretty soon this board is gonna be nothing but COC - those that join will be COC and then poor old Randall will beging to get writers cramp from all of those certificates he'll be signing...

Guest Russell Latterman

Awsome!  Are you actually a teenager?  

Talking about jesse Marunde also reminds me that he closed the #3, 3 years ago.  He might be close to closing the #4.

Guest Radiulis

Yes, I just turned 18 this January. I read an online interview with Jesse Marunde.

http://www.olympus.net/personal/cablebar/GRIP.htm

He says in the interview that hes pretty confident that he will eventually close the #4. Reading the rest of the article makes me extremely happy to share any form of strength with him, especially considering his incredible power (380lbs Clean!!!).