Armwrestling Table

foggymountainmuscle

I'm interested in starting to do some real armwrestling, maybe do a few competitions, and I throw in some armwrestling specific stuff in my training, but I know table time is a big part of the training. So I was wondering do you need a real table? Have any of you created some economic solutions? Maybe screwing handles in an old table? I took a look at some tables on the internet and the lowest priced one was still $250, without shipping and handling.

Now often well meaning people will suggest to weld one but I don't know how to weld, and no matter how easy it is for someone else to weld something I don't live on my own and can't just buy all sorts of crap, and the "someone else will do it" idea never gets done.

So is it just tough luck or can you work around it?

i made a cheep one out of 3/4 plywood underneath on an angle screw a piece of 4x4 at the spot the handels will intersect the 4x4 and screw it to the table then take a hole saw and cut the holes for your handels i used 3x4inch concrete form pins and then make your pads out of 8inch by 8inch pieces of plywood and cover them with foam and phony leather and screw them to the platform this is cheep and easy good luck :D

Check out the one I made in my gallery. I replaced those pads with "yogo blocks" that I found at wal-mart. I have $38 in it.

Check out the one I made in my gallery. I replaced those pads with "yogo blocks" that I found at wal-mart. I have $38 in it.

That's a nice table! Where did you get the center pad from?

38 buck ain't bad. Thanks guys, the wood board and foam way seems to be the way to go.

If you are pulling for fun with the guys in the hood - no, a table is not important. If you are going to compete with any intentions of winning or placing - I mean being serious about it at all, then YES! You need a regulation table so you will know how to pull on that table. How to use the elbow pads to your advantage. How to pull and tug on and against the pins. How to back-load while using your mid-section against the table. Ect, ect, ect.

Train like you intend to compete! That's the only way to get good.

Dave...

We are a/w on the homemade one until we get the money together for a real one. We are thinking of everybody putting in 40 bucks or so.

Nice to see you back Dave.

I'm interested in starting to do some real armwrestling, maybe do a few competitions, and I throw in some armwrestling specific stuff in my training, but I know table time is a big part of the training.  So I was wondering do you need a real table? Have any of you created some economic solutions?  Maybe screwing handles in an old table?  I took a look at some tables on the internet and the lowest priced one was still $250, without shipping and handling. 

Now often well meaning people will suggest to weld one but I don't know how to weld, and no matter how easy it is for someone else to weld something I don't live on my own and can't just buy all sorts of crap, and the "someone else will do it" idea never gets done.

So is it just tough luck or can you work around it?

Hi guys im new here but im also interested in arm wrestling i found specs for building your own table off this site with a little carpentry skill you can build a regulation size table for maybe $75-$100

http://websearch.cs.com/wm/boomframe.jsp?q...mpullers.com%2F check it out