The Hub Lift...80

1stCoC

I think we, including myself, are missing the point, give the kid his moment of glory for God's sake!

It is so good we are coming up with Roger Maris-like asterisks for it. Give it to him! He did a great job and has great potential. Let him enjoy it!

Hubgeezer

I think we, including myself, are missing the point, give the kid his moment of glory for God's sake!

It is so good we are coming up with Roger Maris-like asterisks for it. Give it to him! He did a great job and has great potential. Let him enjoy it!

Hubgeezer

Well said Hubgeezer. I thought this board was about encouraging, and helping other people. As I see it we now have another way to train this lift.

Hubgeezer

i agree with hubgeezer good lift meatball but this is just the tip of the iceberg if he continues to train this lift and others and being coached by richard there is more to come keep up the good work :D

I honestly can't believe it's possible to hub lift those shallow hub 45s! I had not seen the pictures before and really thought it was impossible! :bow

I think what Hubgeezer had to say is what the grippin' fraternity should be all about...to enjoy and promote our favorite pass -time. Just think back when YOU were barely 16 how your thought process worked .....I am ALL about helping others to enjoy the fun of grip training and not to discourage youthful exhuberence. Any grip implement "IS WHAT IT IS" and reading more into it may just be the wrong way to look at it. I think as long as implements used are "apples to apples" and very basic "rules of engagement"are adhered to, then just have at it. I think the guy who came out with the Ironmind hub(Strossen) should be the "moderator" of sorts for what is the accepted way to lift the thing. I think the shape of the hub pretty much sets the stage for how it can be lifted anyway. In closing if a 16 year old kid can fire me up to start hub lifting again and perhaps show "US" a better way so much the better! Thanks HubGeezer for telling it how it is. RS

In 1968 Dick Fosbury broke world record in the high jump. Nobody had ever seen the guys technique before, but since there weren't any rules laid down about how exactly you needed to jump it was accepted. The rest is history.

Just my two cents. I had never seen a hub-lift performed in either style. Truly awesome!

:bow

In 1968 Dick Fosbury broke world record in the high jump. Nobody had ever seen the guys technique before, but since there weren't any rules laid down about how exactly you needed to jump it was accepted. The rest is history.

Just my two cents. I had never seen a hub-lift performed in either style. Truly awesome!

:bow

Great point Bult!!

The rest was history...WELL said!Does anyone have any info on the hub lifts of years back by Karl Norburg (60lb),Jack Friche (55lb), or the lift supposedly done by Steve Stanko(90lb)? As I said before much grip in my era and earlier was done impromptu with no "rules"other than common sense and very few pictures to speak of.I am presently working on the NEW York 45lb hub lift....it seems real tough....RS

The point stands, but Mr. Fosbury

a) wasn't the first person ever to use the technique: the first person to use this technique was Bruce Quande (www.olympic.org/uk/athletes/heroes/bio_uk.asp?PAR_I_ID=18061)

b) never set a world record: his 224 in Mexico City was an Olympic record (www.muhs.acsu.k12.vt.us/physics/HighJump/fosburyflop.htm).

Nitpicking done. :)

Rolle

The point stands, but Mr. Fosbury

a) wasn't the first person ever to use the technique: the first person to use this technique was Bruce Quande (www.olympic.org/uk/athletes/heroes/bio_uk.asp?PAR_I_ID=18061)

b) never set a world record: his 224 in Mexico City was an Olympic record (www.muhs.acsu.k12.vt.us/physics/HighJump/fosburyflop.htm).

Nitpicking done. :)

a) Cool. Didn't know about that. Thanks.

b) Did know this though. Painfull mistake. :blush

That ain't nitpicking. If I want to be a smartass I need to get my facts right.

:laugh