Leverage Bar

kyle102887

I made my own with a dumbbell....I had a rubber sleeve and I put it over one end and put the weight on the other.....my question is what is a good weight to be using on the movement where you are pointing the weight at the floor and you move it to parallel.....cause I mess with these everyday so i can have beastly forearms and wrist strength :D ....so again if you got the time and the means give it a try and tell me what types of weight you get.....I can get over 10 lbs on every movement I know of at the start of me doing these excercises....I would like to know what to shoot for by hearing some of your guys weights....thanks and I hope this made some sense :blush

I made my own with a dumbbell....I had a rubber sleeve and I put it over one end and put the weight on the other.....my question is what is a good weight to be using on the movement where you are pointing the weight at the floor and you move it to parallel.....cause I mess with these everyday so i can have beastly forearms and wrist strength  :D ....so again if you got the time and the means give it a try and tell me what types of weight you get.....I can get over 10 lbs on every movement I know of at the start of me doing these excercises....I would like to know what to shoot for by hearing some of your guys weights....thanks and I hope this made some sense  :blush

hi kyle what is the total length of the handle so we can get an idea of the poundage i have different handles and just an inch can add up to alot what ever your best is just keep a book on it and try to add a 1/2 pound at a time i welded a 1/2 inch bolt to my sledge hammer and add extra weight when i can or you can glue velcro on it and add weights like that to me my self i look at videos of other people here and on the web and try to imitate what i see some times i can and some times i fail :( but i keep trying you keep up the good work and add weight when you can and let us know how your doing have fun dan p :D

It's a 14 inch bar...standard I believe......I would just like to know what people can get I don't know to many people that use one...its similar to the heavy hammer from iron mind basically the same except looks different.....I'm doing negatives with 20 lbs on it right now.....treating it the same way I do grippers and rest when I need to....

It's a 14 inch bar...standard I believe......I would just like to know what people can get I don't know to many people that use one...its similar to the heavy hammer from iron mind basically the same except looks different.....I'm doing negatives with 20 lbs on it right now.....treating it the same way I do grippers and rest when I need to....

A 25 pound plate would be very respectable. :) I use a 12 pound sledge hammer at 24" from head grasp for 6 reps x 6 sets, so I don't know what my dumbell version would be?

A 25 pound plate would be very respectable. :) I use a 12 pound sledge hammer at 24" from head grasp for 6 reps x 6 sets, so I don't know what my dumbell version would be?

I don't mean like the sledge leverage like you guys do....I mean like different movements to simulate armwreslting wrist positions.....so if you could try some of those I would like to know......

Well I just did the leveraging stuff I was watching vids on....i did a lil over 20 on my wrist trainer...

Kyle why dont you post a clip of you doing your wrist movement with 20lb so people can see exaclty the way you are doing them so they can compare with what they can do and give you some numbers to help you out.

Almost all sledging or leverage bar work will have tremendous carryover to A/W and Bending.

Kyle why dont you post a clip of you doing your wrist movement with 20lb so people can see exaclty the way you are doing them so they can compare with what they can do and give you some numbers to help you out.

:( I dont have the equipment for that.....I wish I did.....if I end up doing what I find spectacular then i may get some money and put it on a digital video recorder.....and put it up here....

Almost all sledging or leverage bar work will have tremendous carryover to A/W and Bending.

Thats why it's basically all I am doing....it's fun to me and when i have fun with it I usually make very good progress...

you have to have fun in what you do or there is no point in doing it

you have to have fun in what you do or there is no point in doing it

yes sir....thats why I knew armwrestling at the pro level is something I want to do...cause i love it and I wouldnt wanna do anything else....

I made my own with a dumbbell....I had a rubber sleeve and I put it over one end and put the weight on the other.....my question is what is a good weight to be using on the movement where you are pointing the weight at the floor and you move it to parallel.....cause I mess with these everyday so i can have beastly forearms and wrist strength  :D ....so again if you got the time and the means give it a try and tell me what types of weight you get.....I can get over 10 lbs on every movement I know of at the start of me doing these excercises....I would like to know what to shoot for by hearing some of your guys weights....thanks and I hope this made some sense  :blush

How's your progress Kyle?

How's your progress Kyle?

It's good I am messing with negatives with 20lbs hopefully holds soon.....and everyday messing with 10lbs in different movements.....thanks for asking...

• 1 month later...

I am up to like 18 lbs not in all movements but all the major ones.....also if anyone has the extras......I would appreciate a donation to the Kyle Howell need a real sledge fund :D

• 2 weeks later...

Kyle, try this go to Home Depot get an 18" length schedule 40, 2.5" pvc pipe. Then get an eye hook buy one that is threaded with a bolt. Drill a hole threw the pvc pipe roughy 3" from one end and apply the eye bolt now buy a carabiner and see if you got a one gallon or a five gallon bucket. hook the carabiner up to the pvc pipe via eyebolt and put the bucket on. load the bucket with sand,rocks or cement and try your leverage work like that its awesome. Do the front,rear sides etc. Also try to hold the pvc pipe farthest from the eye bolt and do alternating bicep curls that will build monster wrist strength. Did that one today its a killer. let me know what you think.

Kyle, try this go to Home Depot get an 18" length schedule 40, 2.5" pvc pipe. Then get an eye hook buy one that is threaded with a bolt. Drill a hole threw the pvc pipe roughy 3" from one end and apply the eye bolt  now buy a carabiner and see if you got a one gallon or a five gallon bucket. hook the carabiner up to the pvc pipe via eyebolt and put the bucket on. load the bucket with sand,rocks or cement and try your leverage work like that its awesome. Do the front,rear sides etc. Also try to hold the pvc pipe farthest from the eye bolt and do alternating bicep curls that will build monster wrist strength. Did that one today its a killer. let me know what you think.

I may try that :bow:bow But I may also just buy a real sledge instead i'll see what I can come up with.....