Showdown July 30th --- Results

Killswitch213

1st John Brzenk

2nd Toddzilla

3rd Chris Myers

4th Luke Reimer

Sounds like it was a good event, I can't wait to see videos of some of the matches.

The showdown was awesome! Jacob Abbott hooked Chris meyers easily but they said his elbow slid off the pad while the other ref called it a win. I didnt see it and thought Abbott should of been in the top 3 with a chance to win it. He went through Bongard, Hughes, Selerieas etc.

Luke Riemer was also impressive and has incredible endurance. Very technical puller and he never seemed to lose strength as the match would progress. IT was a pleasure to meet him as well and he is always ready to help out and give advice.

Davey Adams took 2nd in the 243's in his first tournament! Great job buddy! I took second in the 220's. I stuck to the toproll which is what I felt comfortable with but should of hooked the guy. All in all is was a blast and an awesome tournament.

Congrats to Luke and Davey!

Great report Austin and congratulations on that 2nd place finish :rock . Congratulations to Luke and Davey as well :mosher

Outstanding Austin! And well done Luke and Davey!

Congrats Austin!!

Thanks guys. Like I said though, watch out for Davey Adams. All kinds of potential. His gripboard name is dadams. Im looking forward to training with him.

thanks guys it was such a blast to get on a real table and pull

austin you did great plus i got that pic of you and johnny walker

luke is a brick. and one of the kindest people i have ever meet. his brother is GOOD. luke showed me some things, and wow the power he has is amazing! so thank you luke

Thanks for the report Austin, and congrats to 2nd place!

Congrats :bow

Congrats Austin and Davey! You fellas were in some pretty special company over there!

Luke is tough alright! I watched him pull in a tourny in Manitoba against Espy and Larratt. His bro John is tough as well. Who is Nathan, a brother? Great showing for a 15 yr old!

It sounds like you guys had a blast and have the pics to prove it! Are you going to share any with us in the gallery?

That was at the First Nations Winter Celebration in Brandon. We don't hold that tournament anymore. It was a good one though.

Keep in mind Luke was 240lbs then.

We're actually running a new tournament now, it's going to be annual at the Coors Light Throwdown. It's a big 3 day extreme sports event. By next year we're hoping to be giiving away a good amount of money.

Espey and I are starting to look for sponsors for next year already.

www.throwdown.ca if anyone is interested.