Question for David Horne.

Guest Tobbster

Guest Tobbster

It said in one of your old grip courses, if my memory is correct, that you had done 235 kilos in the table-top wrist curl, and full range-of-motion wrist curls for 2 reps with 133,5 kilos on a 2-inch diameter bar. I´ve read that you have increased your personal record, and the world record, to 300 in the table-top, so I just wonder how much you can do now in the full range-of-motion version.

I wrist curled about 170kg for 5 reps when I was up to 300kg on the table top variety. I have been concentrating on other grip lifts recently and haven't done anything great on the wrist curl for a while. You can't train for everything!

That was with a 2" thick bar. I don't do anywhere near as much dumbell wrist curls as barbell. I can sometimes feel pain in my wrist using a dumbell, possibly due to the balance- it doesn't sit as comfortably in the hand. Anyway, just went downstairs into the gym and did 22 reps with a 50kg dumbell with my left hand. Can't use my right hand because of my thumb injury.

Hope this has answered your question, David

Guest Tobbster

Thanks! Sorry about your thumb injury. I agree about dumbbell wrist curls being a bit uncomfortable, even though I´m not near 50 kilos. May I ask, do you feel that training has increased your wrist measurement?