Height

DieselWeasel

Here are the videos of my two matches are my first armwrestling event, Kingsboro XXIII Armwrestling Championships:

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=max_arm_01 <= WIN

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=max_arm_02 <= LOSS

Now, here is my question: Is height a factor when armwrestling? It looks like both of my opponents were taller than me, especially in the second match. What do you guys think? Would the taller man have an advantage or what?

ive wondered the same thing is it better to have short arms or long in armwrestling?

with long arms you can come from the top put more weight on your opponents arm

with short arms you have to deal with less negative leverage

i would guess short arms have an advantage in most circumstances

ive wondered the same thing is it better to have short arms or long in armwrestling?

with long arms you can come from the top put more weight on your opponents arm

with short arms you have to deal with less negative leverage

i would guess short arms have an advantage in most circumstances

I have long arms but i'm only 5'6" :erm

short arms is a bigger advantage, cuz of leverage.

I'd say they both have their equal advantages... the trick is knowing how to use what you've got.

If you have a short arm, you're always at a disadvantage of getting on top of your opponents hand, and often end up having to fight much harder for that hand position. Granted once you have that position, you will have more leverage.

With a long arm you will tend to be able to make your initial moves more easily because all you have to do is post up a bit and your oponent will be extended, and either move to the front of the pad, or otherwise get an elbow foul.

there's obviously variables like who's pulling, and how experienced they are, what kind of move they prefer... but overall, I wouldn't go as far as to say one is better.

it's like comparing hand size... big hands are good for armwrestling, but it's not to say smaller hands aren't.

short arms is a bigger advantage, cuz of leverage.

he's right :D

I think it would also come down to the technique of the wrestler.

I'm sure most of us will remember Magnus Samuelson's match with Nathan Jones, Strongest man 97 I think,

Magnus is about 6'7" and Nathan is something like 6'11" or 7' , And Magnus pinned him twice, second time breaking his arm, So height didnt help Nathan but I believe that Magnus is a former Sweden champ so obviously his technique would have been much better.

I think it would also come down to the technique of the wrestler.

I'm sure most of us will remember Magnus Samuelson's match with Nathan Jones, Strongest man 97 I think, 

Magnus is about 6'7" and Nathan is something like 6'11" or 7'  ,  And Magnus pinned him twice, second time breaking his arm,  So height didnt help Nathan but I believe that Magnus is a former Sweden champ so obviously his technique would have been much better.

that are breaking sure helped nathan, realize how good magnus was in armwrestling, though. he looked shocked as hell, when magnus was pulling on him.

Magnus Samuelsson has won the European Championship also.

What is a bigger advantage if one person has longer arms but far stronger hand and wrist strength but the person with shorter arms and weaker hands and wrist has a stronger arm.

And also what measurment in arm length woud be average and what would be long.