The New Coc Grippers

Rick Walker

"Benchmarked" means if you squeeze it and are strong enough it will close. :tongue

I've been told that Ironmind has begun enforcing a handle width specification. All #3's are to be 3" wide. It could be that Dr. Strossen is referring to this (or other unknown new specifications) as "benchmarked". It sure sounds nifty.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott Styles

• Blarg

• Bill Piche

• Rick Walker

What does this mean exactly?

It means that the #3's and the #4's will be mirror images of each other. Technically, they will ALL have the same degree of hardness. Hence, a #3 is a #3 is a #3. :)

SO... what does this mean? It means that NO LONGER will you get a new #3 that's "easy" or a #3 that's "a brick". Same goes for the #4 gripper.

The IM grippers of old shaded all over the damn place! Not anymore. That's what the term of benchmarked means.

Now, whether this stays in effect or not with the future production of grippers from IronMind is anybody's guess. But the days of getting a super easy #3 from IM are now gone.

Where did this "benchmarked" word come from? Something on the Ironmind website or was it from a verbal conversation with Strossen? I just checked the website and the only version of benchmarked I could find was "benchmark".

The benchmark word was used in the decription of the #3 in the online store portion of the website:

"The No. 3 @ 280 lb. is the benchmark gripper for achieving a place among the elite grip masters and is the most recognized gripper around the world."

That doesn't say anything about quality control or manufacturing, just that the IM #3 is an elite standard to aim for.

Talking about #2's my new one is also much harder than one i got a couple of years ago.I had others try it and they also agreed.