Hammer Curling For Armwrestling

austinslater

Me and a buddy got together and made a hammer curl bar similar to the one David Horne used in his grip contests. It has 2" handles and if you havent seen daves pics it is built similar to a tricep bar but with a wider handle spread so you can get a normal grip do barbell curls with a shoulder width hammer curl grip. I think it will be great for backpressure and a nice change of pace from dumbells. It is wide enough that I can do seated partials(from Hornes grip contest again) and small enough to do full range reps as well. Pretty cool bar and easy to make. I havent decided if Ill do strict reps, cheat reps, partials etc. so any input on that for its armwrestling carryover Im all ears. . .

That thing sounds pretty sweet! I've been doing them with the rope on the low pulley. I like to grip the thing in the middle so there is no stop and both strands, so it's thicker like a human hand.