Half Chins For Hook Strength?

JamesG

Does anyone do these to increase thier strength in the hook? what do you think about it? Also what are some other good hook strength assistance exercises.

J. P.

Does anyone do these to increase thier strength in the hook? what do you think about it? Also what are some other good hook strength assistance exercises.

J. P.

I was thinking to myself....disecting the moves you could say.....how you could do them to have a strong offense but also be able to defend quick if needed......in the hook you need wrist control not only to control there hand but to not allow them to find routes for any other moves or defenses of there own....so it is IMO that you should get like a heavy hammer II or make something like it and work on wrist exercises to strengthen your wrist in postisions you would encounter while armwrestling crazy idea huh? lol......good luck man

I recall reading in a Mile several years ago that doing a half-chin with attached weight was a great way to develop a solid lock in the hook.

33wes,

Do you remember what article that was and who was doing them?

Off the top of my head, I believe Merle Meeter mentioned it in an article about armwrestlers and some of their training methods.

I believe Les Zollman was mentioned as doing the half-chins w/weight attached. When I have a chance, I'll look through my back issues of Milo to see if I can identify which issue Meeter's article appeared in.