Picked Up Over The Top Today.

king crusher

leading up to the comp is so so as i remember it but the compitition makes the movie.

was it me or did i see a very small part with john brzenk in the movie.

looked alot like him,as i seen him the night before in the compitition on fsn.

i cant see lincoln hawk winning in real life,giving up over 100 lbs lol.

is his "over the top" move a top roll????

its pretty cheesey but did you notice cleave dean, he is in it a couple of times. Ya john is in it acouple also. the armwrestling was real cheesey but owell.

Man, I've got to get another copy. I lost my old one and I'm trying to hold out until it comes out on DVD. I missed Cleve Dean but I remember seeing Brzenk a couple of times. I don't know what you would call Stallone's little move but it doesn't look like any toproll I've ever seen.

Rick Zumwalt should have gotten the Oscar for his role in that. I like when they show the close-up of Stallone and Zumwalt's forearms and Zumwalt's wrist is substantianlly bigger than Stallone's forearm. Bull Hurley makes Travis Bagent look like a cub scout. I read that when Zumwalt read for the part, Stallone asked him to give his best psyche up, and Zumwalt went into it and Stallone's security team jumped between the two because they thought it he was getting ready to mop Sly.

Some classics....

"This is gonna hurt...WIMP!" (Kids in Diner)

"Too bad your old man's yellow, kid"

"Nose hurt Hawk?"

"You ain't got no power Hawk"

and my personal favorite, "I break arms, drive trucks, and armwrestle, it's what I love to do and what I do best"

the last quote is the best

jad its out on dvd now! i got it yesterday at best buy for 9.99

king that is the same place i picked mine up.

thats a good one to dieselW

even though the movie was cheesy, i still liked it. my favorite armwrestler was the guy that drank oil before his matches. now that's a hardcore armwrestler character.

jad its out on dvd now! i got it yesterday at best buy for 9.99

You are the King! :bow I'm there

aside from brzenk, cleave and so forth... johnny walker and I belive ray patton is in there too.

One of the guys I train with was at that tournament, I think he placed 2nd or 3rd in one of the lighter classes

what do you mean "at that tournament" was it not a fake movie turnny???

over the top was real John Brzenk won that big rig.

oh so the movie was just a dipiction of the real comp that took place?

obviously those actors did not compete right.

did it take place during filming

Over the Top was being filmed. The producers said, "Hey! let's put on a real armwrestling tournament at the same time we're filming this amazing cinematic masterpiece!" Then they use some footage from the tournament in the film and give the semi to the winner of the real tourney..Brzenk...

That's how it was explained to me.

Andrew Cobra Rhodes was in the movie too (Referee).

At the real tournament there was a trucker division too. Many good armwrestlers got their driving licence for trucks only for competing in this devision. John Brzenk did this too and won the truck and the money.

Also, Scott "Flash" Norton makes a cameo at the tourney. Legit arm-wrestling champ called flash for speed of victories. Around same time was one of 2 dozen or so (at that time) to have officially benched 600 in competition. Later became pro wrestler and is still active I believe in Japan.

I belive that is correct, except the tournament wasn't a result of the movie.... the tournament was already going to take place, then the movie was a secondary result.