What The Hell Is A Powerball?

porky

They ARE cool. I got one a couple of weeks ago. It's a gyroscope that creates torque which you have to build with speed and at the same time try and hold on as the thing goes faster. It's a great way to warm up the fingers and wrists before bending and other grip work. Not so sure it'll help before gripper work, but before bending it's great. I have a nagging strain from a failed phone book attempt a couple of months ago. Just working with the PB for a couple of weeks now has made me almost completely pain free. I just get it started and then keep it running at a moderate speed and work my wrist around in a circle. Changing directions and speeds at random has made my hands and wrists feel better. If you get one, don't skimp like I did. I figured I'd practice and then get the speedmeter later--just buy it right away. I can't get my wife to let me drop the $16 bucks to get it. After all, I've spent a small fortune lately on grip. Just go for it and get the meter. The glowing ones are cool. Mine is blue. Don't forget to check eBay, I got mine there for a few bucks less than retail. They're fun but addicting. Good luck.

i'm still skeptible as well. the first time i tried. i felt nothing. i though the powerball was broken, but they said it was fine. i guess i tried the easy one at this sharp image store in los angeles. :blush

The Dyna-Flex brand is the most likely to work properly and has the most torque. I like mine simply for some joint mobility and wrist warmup/cooldown. I have seen many of the videos of high numbers and when it gets going it is quite a trick to continue to add energy and still hold on.

They're good, don't give up on the first 30 minutes of trying though with the lame scores you may be getting. It's just a matter of technique.

Yeah, a huge part of it is technique. Especially since I can do 12,167, and I've only just started closing my #1 consistently.