Formulator

gotenmyoou

I usually start my reps about a inch below neutral and go up for a full curl.
What kind of reps are they?

I've seen wrist curls that are nothing more than someone starting at neutral wrist and humping it up 1/2 inch. Not saying you are doing this, just curious.

Try using the same weight but going through a full range of motion. I think you might find you won't be able to use the same weight.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• John Wood

• Patrik_F

• gotenmyoou

• 1 month later...

Any record updates/news with the Formulator? I stalled out on the fullrange flexion exercise with it for a long while, but I have started to make progress again. Yesterday I did 25 kgs for 20 reps. I am very happy with that since I remember 25 kgs was quite hard the first time I tried.

gotenmyoou?

Cleve Dean, I'm sure, would do well with one.

Are you kidding?!? :blink Cleve Dean's hands WOULDN'T FIT!! :laugh

Congrats for the 25kgs for 20reps.

I haven't worked out with Formulator for a month since I have injured my left wrist doing some barbell curls.

I have resumed the Formulator work just yesterday with 25kgs for 10 very easy reps. Now that my wrists are healed I will aim for 100lbs.

Thanks

Any record updates/news with the Formulator? I stalled out on the fullrange flexion exercise with it for a long while, but I have started to make progress again. Yesterday I did 25 kgs for 20 reps. I am very happy with that since I remember 25 kgs was quite hard the first time I tried.

gotenmyoou?

• 5 weeks later...

anyone care to help? I would like to order the formulator but I had e-mailed functionalhandstrength.com and theformulator.com 3x times each for the las t 2 weeks re shipping fee to my country (philippines) and I never got any reply from either both of them.Hope through this forum,I can reach out to them.

Dmitri try this mailing address

info@functionalhandstrength.com

I made my order early this week so expect to take up the "formulator challenge" as soon as it arrives. I shall develop wrists of steel so that I can wrist curl the missus!!!

Well at least thats what I keep telling myself :whistel

Rydini And The Eagle Claw Stance Of Shaolin

Edison,

We have replied to your emails twice already and evidently they have not reached you. We will be in touch via the PM system.

-Karen

I made my order early this week so expect to take up the "formulator challenge" as soon as it arrives. I shall develop wrists of steel so that I can wrist curl the missus!!!

I also ordered The Formulator from FHS last week! I can't wait for it to arrive!

LOL!! Gerry it reminds me of waiting to open presents at christmas as a child......must have formulator must have formulator. Its worse for me I have to wait for it to fly over to me ( to UK). You'll have to let me know what your first attempts are like and how you enjoyed it.

All my amigos are like very keen to give it a go. Thats no problem....... as long as they line my pocket with gold :laugh

Rydini The Quiet Storm

Edited by watzd411

Just received my Formulator. It's pretty hard to type this after my workout. I won't comment on the poundage used, kind of embarrising! What set/rep routine are you guys using.This is a Great Product!!

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the Formulator for the first time today and did 1 rep with 40 kg with my forearms against a bench and a 100% full range of movement.

I tried the Formulator for the first time today and did 1 rep with 40 kg with my forearms against a bench and a 100% full range of movement.

And it was strict too!

40kg = 88,1 pounds.

Hey Martin, what's going on with those hippos in your avitar?

It's moomintroll! I think they were picking flowers, but I guess it didn't look like it :D

It's moomintroll! I think they were picking flowers, but I guess it didn't look like it :D

It's funny, what happened to it?

It's funny, what happened to it?

The mods didn't like it. Guess there's some who might find the pic offensive. But that's ok with me.

What is the formulator?.. Is it good for extensor work with people with poor wrist flexability? Where do I get one?

Oh jesus $150.. ? I must say they look top of the line and a great design.. maybe for christmas ill get lucky lol.