Wrist Tip

austinslater

I have been talking with Merle Meeter who writes for Milo and I thought I would pass it along. one thing that Todd and some others are doing is a 1-arm wrist curl held in a slightly hooked position for time. Todd is up to 150-160x12-15 sec. Gives us something to shoot for and a comparison with someone who might be the best in the world at this time in the 198 class. God Bless

Austin

Isn't any wrist curl technically a hooked position?

I'm not sure I understand what thats supposed to mean.

I could start guessing, but I'll wait for further explanation :)

I think he just holds it in the contracted position for time. I personally like to do reps on the wrist curl but will probably add some of these in. Todd is abviously doing something right after his recent showing with Brzenk. Hope this helps!

Austin

I see...

that's basically the same thing as doing dumbell rows and curling and holding your wrist at the top of the concentric phase... or using cables to do the same type of thing to train a solid hook position...

then you're not leaving your arm out of it...

just my 2 cents....

Todd is abviously doing something right after his recent showing with Brzenk.

Austin

Did he beat John Brzenk??

I THINK he came out on top in 1 match....

John came back and destroyed him though... John ended up 1st place in both arms.

Todd hutchings has a pretty good hook from what i've seen of him.

I THINK he came out on top in 1 match....

John came back and destroyed him though...  John ended up 1st place in both arms.

Todd hutchings has a pretty good hook from what i've seen of him.

I taped the Video of the vegas show.....I love John but Hutchings looks nasty......he lost only cause he fouled out.......he had John pinned for the second win.....but lost cause he barly fouled out but armwrestling's a sport of millimeters......so the foul coulda done good stuff for him.....

I actually just saw the video, that was close...

The thing is though, I don't think john was expecting that much competition out of his weight class, which is why he also pulled super heavy weights...

pulling his own weight class, plus jumping up TWO weight classes and still placing 3rd in the supers... at 198lbs.

That speaks for itself as far as I'm concerned....

But absolutely.. hutchings is getting ridiculous. I'm not taking anything away from him.

I actually just saw the video, that was close... 

The thing is though, I don't think john was expecting that much competition out of his weight class, which is why he also pulled super heavy weights...

pulling his own weight class, plus jumping up TWO weight classes and still placing 3rd in the supers...  at 198lbs.

That speaks for itself as far as I'm concerned....   

But absolutely.. hutchings is getting ridiculous.  I'm not taking anything away from him.

Yeah I agree Hutchings i think I have heard he has only pulled for 4 year......insane he is insane :ohmy

I assume it's a dumbell? Is this done with thumbs over or under the DB? Does it matter? Thanks

that wouldn't make a difference... the thumb has no effect on the wrist flexors... some people just find a false grip more comfortable.

If you had the thumb over it would be better because there would be no restriction of ROM

• 3 weeks later...

too me, a wrist curl is a wrist curl.