Bruised Hands

diesel

i am experiencing bruising in the palms of both of hands, where the dog leg sets into the crease of my palm. this is def not fun, and it def hurts.

i was wondering if you guys have or are experiencing the same sort of pain in this area? :help

Yes it a normal thing in this sport. Take one ice cube and put it in the hurt spot with both hands as if you were doing a crush down with a nail. Then let the ice melt an cool the hurt spot. The challenge is to melt the ice with out all the way before opening your hands, but don't get frost bite. :blink You can take a few days off from training whilst you heal. This helps the most.

thanx big steve, i will give it a go later on tonight. i appreciate the help, and i am also glad that i am not a schmuck for getting bruises in the palms.

Has anybody tried dit da jow to help toughen up the hands as well as alleviate bruising?

I use it when I workout with my grip and kettlebells.

Jim

I don't have the grippers sit that low and so it's not been a problem but I am tearing skin each and every time I do two hand pinch (at the base of my thumbs). I tried taping and I tried workmans gloves but hey are only good for the light weights. Once I hit top poundage off comes the gloves and tape and it's tear up the hands time. I also took a lump of skin off on my right hands middle finger doing heavy v-bar work (155-kilos+).

Has anybody tried dit da jow to help toughen up the hands as well as alleviate bruising?

I use it when I workout with my grip and kettlebells.

Jim

Dit Da Jow(aka: Hit Wine) - Ancient Chinese Secret Formula for Ben Gay, Icey Hot, Flex All 454, ect..

These formulas (many many recipes) these hand recipes are primarily used for the Iron Palm training but I am not so sure the liniment is really that indicative of the toughening of the hands as this is just something you put on before and after training like for soreness. Dit Da Jaw is described in this way, when bone or tissue becomes damaged the body mounts a sophisticated repair process. Iron Hand Liniment supports this process with herbs chosen for their specific medicinal properties and their ability to work together. The herbs utilized in our liniment have a variety of uses in Chinese medicine. Some promote circulation, heal bones, alleviate pain and disperse swelling . Others open energy channels, relax muscles and resolve bruises. This multi-tiered approach helps to restore circulation and energy channels, which are necessary for the construction and maintenance of virtually all connective tissues and fluids in the body, including muscle, tendons, ligaments, cartilage and bone.

Now the blue writing is what I expect from over the counter liniments, I mean for the most part this is what any pain-relieving lineament is supposed to do, but then you see in red writing where the Chi or life force energy comes in and this is more philosophy than scientific fact. Now I am not sure either way but I find it hard to believe that a bottle of herbs soaked in sake or other high alcohol proof liquid is going to do anything to alter your life source unless you drink it and then it may make your life force stagger, fall down or hug a toilet bowl while resting your pounding forehead on that cold bacteria laden porcelain, but it could be a spiritual experience as that is as close to God as many ever get by praying "God if you let me get through this I will never drink like this again- or until next Friday whichever comes first - which Friday will come to you every week.

See you make or buy a Makiwara or striking bag or filled with Mung Beans all the way up to steel shot as your hands toughen by performing thousands of palm strikes to the bag. You basically desensitize your hand probably most of which comes from nerve damage or deadening. You goal is to be able to break coconuts with your bare hands and other different feats. This takes a while to master as all marshal arts usually do. Kung Fu's Iron Palm training is supposed to help increase bone density of the hand and forearm, while toughening the skin. I think it is a adapt or die type training where your hands must try to adapt to take the blows. I think of it as a scar tissue type deal or calluses in other words to do something hard enough and long enough you will make the body break or build it up to take the stress it is under like any athletic endeavor power lifting, grippers, bending the list goes on and on. So I am not so convinced that the Dit Da Jaw is the real reason this happens.

I have spoken personally with Grandmaster Lacy who exclusively teaches the Five Elder Mew Hing's 18 Daoist Palms System of Kung Fu in all its various forms.

This guy is a throw back from the Flower Child Free Love Psychedelic 60s and 70s. He runs a business and will more that happily take all the money you are willing to fork out. He offered me a 2,800 or 3,600 dollar exclusive deal just for me for all kinds of his different materials, dvd, recipes, teaching of the different forms of the Iron Palm and Din Mak plus the coconut breaking techniques of psyching up your Chi. Oh and I was going to be able to test every year until I could be a master, but the testing cost several hundred dollars for him to view your video or computer clip. His wife is a self-proclaimed witch from Germany I think is what it say somewhere on his website. We talked and talked well I did lots of listening to his redderick and ramblings of how he and his wife gets their medicinal marijuana from a clinic in California, and his part in the legalizing of marijuana for everyone even us military guys whether we are a grunt or pilot we should be able to smoke doobie any damn time we please. Needless to say I didn’t agree with his point of view since I run the Army Substance Abuse Program for the armed forces in Alaska (an intense outpatient based program and I send some to a detox program in Camp Pendleton at their naval hospital and of course I am a trained Drug & Alcohol counselor with 7 years sobriety myself whose father killed himself and another person drinking and driving and my former abusive stepfather who is now retired from the Florida Highway Patrol spends most of his time one earth drinking himself literally to death when he is not in jail which he is right now again on his 5th DWI. I am surprised he just doesn’t move up here to Alaska where you can have 4 ounces per person over 18 in your home. It is a good thing that the Amish people that live in Alaska don't partake in this privilege because as many children some of them have they could have a bale of grass in their house. It could be used as an ottoman. Needless to say I was wary of this whole deal for fear of getting snake oil. So I researched and read a lot of stuff and even a Chiropractor who also specializes in Eastern medicine recommended just use the store bought stuff it is just as good. This made me think twice about getting the Dit Da Jaw liniment because they all claim to super secret ancient formulas and Lacy's get into the dragon claw and ninja realm of things. I am not totally closed minded on its benefits.

In fact I believe if a recipe is put together of the different herbs that have analgesic properties, those that promote vasodilatation and help to toughen the skin with the alcohol - In fact about the alcohol part I read in my research that those who must wear a full torso brace to say correct severe scoliosis or other applications should put rubbing alcohol on the different areas of the torso where chaffing is likely to occur and this would toughen the skin in that area of the body. So if a doctor says that for his patients to toughen their torso skin then why not our hands?

Well be your own judge but make an informed decision check out the websites like

Mew Hings (Lacy's site) if nothing else but to see this guy whacking coconuts with his hands and top of his forearms ect.. He has video clips galore in his site. Just do a search for Iron Palm and you will find his any many other sites. I would look harder for any substantial evidence of it's benefits because if it is a business then you will only hear the awesome power of their mystical formula that yes you a mere mortal can get for 39.99 or some other price.

Use you head before you shell out your bread

GatorGrip ;)

Gator,

I use dit da jow regularly when I train in kung fu. It reduces bruising and promotes healing in the tissue without the development of a pronounced acute or chronic inflammatory process. I'm not talking about an iron palm recipe. there are many different jows for varying purposes.

Oh yes, sensitivity is maintained. My style demands that sensitivity is maintained in order to fully utilize and develop one's skills. I train with a variety of tools such as wooden dummies and striking, etc and do not develop bruises or swelling, callouses that you allude to, or the classic signs of breaking down of hemoglobin ie the usual greenish to yellow discoloration.

I recently suffered a ruptured blood vessel in the palm of my left hand while doing some pullups on an irregular shaped bar. I applied dit da jow, that I made for $50/gallon, and was healed without any bruising and it has absolutely no

And I don't agree with your point of view. It smells of ignorance and if you'd like to learn more about it in a scientific methodology, then I'd be glad to help point you in a better direction.

Thanks,

Jim :trout

Gator,

I use dit da jow regularly when I train in kung fu.  It reduces bruising and promotes healing in the tissue without the development of a pronounced acute or chronic inflammatory process.  I'm not talking about an iron palm recipe.  there are many different jows for varying purposes. 

Oh yes, sensitivity is maintained.  My style demands that sensitivity is maintained in order to fully utilize and develop one's skills.  I train with a variety of tools such as wooden dummies and striking, etc and do not develop bruises or swelling, callouses that you allude to, or the classic signs of breaking down of hemoglobin ie the usual greenish to yellow discoloration.

I recently suffered a ruptured blood vessel in the palm of my left hand while doing some pullups on an irregular shaped bar.  I applied dit da jow, that I made for $50/gallon, and was healed without any bruising and it has absolutely no

And I don't agree with your point of view.  It smells of ignorance and if you'd like to learn more about it in a scientific methodology, then I'd be glad to help point you in a better direction.

Thanks,

Jim  :trout

Look Jim what smells is that attitude you are giving at me because I told my experience and what I was able to find out through researching the Internet for hours and hours from all sorts of informative sites. I can't help that one of the foremost promoters of Dit Da Jow and Iron Palm is a two time convicted felon and served time in prison twice. It doesn't make a good impression when the Grand Master calls you trying to work a sell like a telephone insurance salesman. Then tells me that this month has been slow so he will let me have this treasure chest of thousands of secret recipes which only he was given from some Shoalin master as the caretaker of secret ancient formulas that does everything from increasing you life force to curing the common cold but he will sell all this and more exclusively to me for $00.00 dollars.

Then spout off for 30 minutes about ho big brother has taken his dope and he sees himself as almost a martyr for the plight of everyone who deserves to get high.

Okay secondly I am all for a liniment that will do all the things it claims but it is hard to keep a straight face when all you have to do is rub a little hit wine on your hands and the life force mystical power starts to flow through your hands so you can break a grocery store coconut. I understand that you are passionate about your particular style of martial arts and I am all for that.

I tell you what I you send me some of your Dit Da Jow or any other you have confidence in and I will gladly try it and will make an honest assessment of its medicinal healing properties and I will write a full topic or article on my personal experience using a particular Dit Da Jow you send.

In all honesty I would absolutely be jubilant to find something that can do all it claims. This is why I started searching for all relevant information about it I could because I wanted it to work. I wanted a liniment that would strengthen the tendons, ligaments and toughen the skin of the hands. I mean everyone on this board would want something safe that will do all these things and doesn't cost a mint to purchase or even better make it yourself.

I have no hard feeling toward you even though you called me ignorant. I am willing to take your offer and enlighten me on the power of Dit Da Jow. If it works I will be a satisfied customer and loyal promoter of it for life.

Accept my challenge & offer if you truly believe in your Dit Da Jow.

I have great respect for some of the real masters of their martial arts world and all those that sincerely pursue their goal of becoming as knowledgeable and as physically proficient they can be in their chosen art.

I even had the privilege of studying under Master Dennis Brown.

Master Dennis Brown Shaolin Wu-Shu Academy: Dennis Brown is a Hall of Fame member of both the Kung Fu Hall of Fame and the Christian Martial Arts Hall of Fame.

The Chinese Embassy in Washington, D.C. recognized him as the Official Consultant of Wu-Shu for the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China. He has demonstrated proficiency to standing ovations at New York’s Madison Square Garden where he appeared on ABC’s “Wide World of Sports.” Master Brown promotes one of the country’s most prestigious martial arts tournaments, the US Capitol Classics, which is one of the only 13 “AAA” rated tournaments the US. Master Brown has fought in and won many of the major kung-fu tournaments, acquiring over three hundred trophies -- exhibiting his expertise in forms and weaponry. And, in his role as Shi-Fu (teacher), he has taught over 20,00 students, ages 4 to 88 and has graduated over 200 Black Belts, making his name synonymous with Kung-Fu in the United States, Europe and China. He was nationally rated in the U.S. for many years and has earned the respect of the foremost martial artists in the nation.

Master Brown received one of his highest honors when the Mayor proclaimed September 11, 1982, “Dennis Brown Day,” in Washington, D.C. This honor was bestowed for his continued work with youth.

There is much more he has done and is still doing and I was honored to have set in his office talking and then learning some of his skill. He took one of my superiors and me for a one on one type instruction and the after he said attack him for real and he had my 6’2” 260 pound former infantry man sergeant on floundering on the ground in real pain and only had one finger on him I was impressed.

So as I said I have great respect for some of the real masters of their martial arts world and all those that sincerely pursue their goal of becoming as knowledgeable and as physically proficient they can be in their chosen art.

So defend your beliefs and take the opportunity to convince not only me but also the other grip board members of the power of Dit Da Jow.

Thank you for your courage and commitment, we need more people that will stand up for what they believe in and not fall for anything.

GatorGrip

Gator,

1. You started with the poor attitude towards dit da jow and attempted to link me to somebody that you have a problem with. I'm not that person nor do I have any knowledge of him. My initial post merely made a suggestion that dit da jow may be of use in grip training. My second post stated that your point of view smelled of ignorance, not you, personally.

2. I've made it a business of mine to learn about inflammatory processes and adaptive mechanisms of the body. I believe that is how dit da jow works through adaptive methodologies. I certainly don't make a claim and I don't know of anyone else who claims that with dit da jow that you can split a coconut. That is a gross oversimplification. It is a process that takes years to develop that technique. And the dit da jow is but one tool involved in developing techniques such as these.

BTW, I'm very qualified to discuss inflammatory processes, especially in light of the fact that I'm trained in pathology as well as medicine for a few years or two or three and I'm quite capable of distillation of a number of facts in order to reach a conclusion. Now this isn't a peer review type process and I'm not aware of any double blind studies or peer reviewed studies, but if you are aware, then I'd be happy to listen to you.

3. Since you trained with Sifu Brown of Washington, then I'm sure that he'd use dit da jow and you should talk with him. I believe that his lineage derives from a shaolin temple. My grandmaster still resides in Hong Kong, is a bone doctor and herbalist, and trained in a temple on mainland China back in his youth.

Thank you for your time.

• 14 years later...

Ah hem... all, you are fighting a little school girls. And at best, have training like small kittens. You are both ignorant of humility and wouldn’t last a minute against my most humble pinky finger. I trained under my Grand Master, who was and is, from ancient lineage prior to the founding of what we know at commonwealth China. His bloodline can be traced to the Tower of Babel, where we know from stories passed for generations, that they practiced unspoken techniques of unlearned prairie dogs who study in western dojos. He would break both of you like dry twigs in a lonely forest.

You bring shame to this spiritual art and upon your own heads. A thousand praises that you’ve ended this pointless debate. Use your hands like honorable men and dry your pathetic tears from your sissy faces and go learn your own path. Should you ever reach the place of enlightenment, by releasing these burdens from your souls, perhaps the Grand Master shall visit you and give the secrets to the life path of unfettered discipline and strength. Then, and only then, will you learn to stop shooting your mouth off and exercise humility, passing on your unsurpassed knowledge in an acceptable fashion worthy of the way. 

These posts are from 14 years ago

On 6/28/2019 at 1:18 PM, ArtOf said:

Ah hem... all, you are fighting a little school girls. And at best, have training like small kittens. You are both ignorant of humility and wouldn’t last a minute against my most humble pinky finger. I trained under my Grand Master, who was and is, from ancient lineage prior to the founding of what we know at commonwealth China. His bloodline can be traced to the Tower of Babel, where we know from stories passed for generations, that they practiced unspoken techniques of unlearned prairie dogs who study in western dojos. He would break both of you like dry twigs in a lonely forest.

You bring shame to this spiritual art and upon your own heads. A thousand praises that you’ve ended this pointless debate. Use your hands like honorable men and dry your pathetic tears from your sissy faces and go learn your own path. Should you ever reach the place of enlightenment, by releasing these burdens from your souls, perhaps the Grand Master shall visit you and give the secrets to the life path of unfettered discipline and strength. Then, and only then, will you learn to stop shooting your mouth off and exercise humility, passing on your unsurpassed knowledge in an acceptable fashion worthy of the way. 

On 6/28/2019 at 7:18 AM, ArtOf said:

12 hours ago, db2000 said:

These posts are from 14 years ago

It is fun to read old conversations and ideas on the board sometimes.