Armwrestler's Lifting Feats

Florian Kellersmann

I just want to open this new thread where you can post any liftingfeats of armwrestlers you know, especially the typical exercises like Hammercurls, Wristcurls, Chin-ups, ...

I will start with Dirk Schenker, Germany (vice-worldchampion -110kg, 2003). He told me, he is able to do one handed Hammercurls 10 reps with a 62,5 kg dumbbell. Crazy strong, I think :bow

I hope this is no violation of rule #4, but I only say he told me that he did this, I'm not saying he did it. If you think this feat is not possible, feel free to post your opinion.

Flo, do you know how they were performed: on or off preacher bench, full ROM vs 90 degree, strict or body builder style vs puller's style where you use all your other muscles just like you do when you pull? Just curious....

I think it's pretty believable since Dennis Rogers curled that 100lb globe DB for 10 reps, P-bench style, on that incline bench. He's only like 150lb and this guy is 110kg.

i am looking for a site to tell me where the tourments are held. If anyone knows please share.

Sixgun told me about Bill Ballinger's 100 reps with a 100lb. db in the wrist curl.

Steve Phipps has wrist curls 360 with a center loaded barbell.

Im also curious what others on the board have done in these lifts. . .

I aint close to the big dogs yet....but my first try on Hammer curls....I got 50 pounds for abour 5-6 reps......and I wrist curled 185 for about 3 first try......but I havn't really lifted to find out how much better I can do.....I need to start getting in my basement and lifting.....so I can smash some records...

I'm just getting back into my training with the aim of doing a bit of arm wrestling after 2 years off / having an operation and atm:

Hammer curl wise i can do 50lbs for 10 reps and 3 sets, or 60lbs for about 5 reps.

Dumbell wrist curls i usually do 3 sets of 20-25 on each arm with 50lbs and then maybe 6-8 reps with 70lbs.

I read on armpower.net questions and answers from Rustam Babayew that his brother trained some form if biceps curls with 97 kg dumbell. You should keep in mind that Rustam is even stronger...

Hey guys.....even if you don't know any lift weights for these exercises of different people.......post your own and let us know what you can do in the lifts mentioned.....

Steve Phipps has wrist curls 360 with a center loaded barbell.

Is the center loaded barbell easier or harder on the wrist? I'm curious since I have never tried it. Is there any advantage over a normal loaded bar?

the weight stays more evenly balanced when it's in the center.... if you use a standard bar, there's momentum that puts lateral force on the wrist past its normal range... so then you're worrying more about stabilizing and balancing than actually doing the wrist curls... center loaded negates that.

• 4 weeks later...

5'6" ~155lbs (last time that I checked which was probably about a month ago)

Hammer Curl: 65x6

Wrist Curl: I don't know

Chin-Up: bodyweight+90x3

Deadlift: 410x3

Grippers: CoC #2 closed and CoC #3 parallel

Bending: two white nails together

Tearing: 40 playing cards and 1018 page phone book

Farmer's Walk: 175 per hand for 42 feet

Pinch: two 25s and four 10s

(all weight listed is in pounds)

5'6" ~155lbs (last time that I checked which was probably about a month ago)

Hammer Curl: 65x6

Wrist Curl: I don't know

Chin-Up: bodyweight+90x3

Deadlift: 410x3

Grippers: CoC #2 closed and CoC #3 parallel

Bending: two white nails together

Tearing: 40 playing cards and 1018 page phone book

Farmer's Walk: 175 per hand for 42 feet

Pinch: two 25s and four 10s

(all weight listed is in pounds)

Good numbers, especially for your bodyweight :rock