As I Was Saying

LAHotSauce

I can't seem to find where I posted this, but I saw Travis armwrestling in some old 2004 footage on espn.

He is so cocky and arrogant its ridiculous. Is he a good armwrestler? Obviously.

Some say confident, I say downright a poor attitude and he needs to be more professional. There's nothing wrong with getting fired up like Mike S, and many others I see, but he takes it to another level.

He should take sportsmanship lessons from Ron Bath, a true class act. Personally I'd love to see Ron Bath slam him and just pat him on the arm like the does after every match and just walk away. Then let me see Travis flex those big silly arms and tell the world he's the greatest.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kyle102887

• LAHotSauce

• jad

• dadams

I can't seem to find where I posted this, but I saw Travis armwrestling in some old 2004 footage on espn.

He is so cocky and arrogant its ridiculous.  Is he a good armwrestler?  Obviously.

Some say confident, I say downright a poor attitude and he needs to be more professional.  There's nothing wrong with getting fired up like Mike S, and many others I see, but he takes it to another level.

He should take sportsmanship lessons from Ron Bath, a true class act.  Personally I'd love to see Ron Bath slam him and just pat him on the arm like the does after every match and just walk away.  Then let me see Travis flex those big silly arms and tell the world he's the greatest.

listen, i know Travis well. It's all a show. the first time we meet, i was like who the hell is this guy?? but after about an hour i found out that he is really a nice guy. he takes the time to show new pullers what they should and shouldn't be doing. so if you have only seen footage of him and never meet the guy, you really don't know him!!!

True, I don't know him. I can only judge him by what I see.

It just comes off as cocky and arrogant. He isn't in peoples faces yelling and screaming, but he appears to be the only one that carries on like that.

Doesn't look good on national tv.

True, I don't know him.  I can only judge him by what I see.

It just comes off as cocky and arrogant.  He isn't in peoples faces yelling and screaming, but he appears to be the only one that carries on like that.

doing what Ali did, " the man you love to hate " makes people want to watch!!! they want to see him lose!!! just like you wrote. i bet if you found out that he was pulling somewhere close to you

and Ron Bath was going to pull against him. lets say it cost $15-20 to get in, you would go!

True, I don't know him.  I can only judge him by what I see.

It just comes off as cocky and arrogant.  He isn't in peoples faces yelling and screaming, but he appears to be the only one that carries on like that.

doing what Ali did, " the man you love to hate " makes people want to watch!!! they want to see him lose!!! just like you wrote. i bet if you found out that he was pulling somewhere close to you

and Ron Bath was going to pull against him. lets say it cost $15-20 to get in, you would go!

Exactly, which is why he's so good for the sport

I love Travis.....and I some day hope to pull him...

Seeing him lose is what we want to see, no offense to him, as I don't know him, true, but who will beat him? Who can beat him?

Seeing him lose is what we want to see, no offense to him, as I don't know him, true, but who will beat him? Who can beat him?

In my mind I beat a lot of pro's lol.....but In reaity I know I can't but will soon give them trouble....and who will beat him in Vegas....I dunno....but its gonna be a white knuckler.....

I think Ron Bath could pin him.

He's already been beaten twice in the past by that crazy looking, huge armed white dude with the tats.

Ali's behavoir was deplorable and a discrace to himself and his sport. No sport should have to sell its soul to sell tickets.

I think Ron Bath could pin him.

He's already been beaten twice in the past by that crazy looking, huge armed white dude with the tats.

Anywhere to find this guy's(i.e. the crazy looking, huge armed white dude) name?

was travis pulling right or left when he was beat

was it david randal, i don't think he has a bunch of tats

Edited by unknown

You are definately thinking of Christian Binnie. You have to remember that no armwrestler is unbeatable. Travis competed recently in a tournament in canada where he took 3rd both arms. Everyone has their good days. I can think of plenty of people who can beat him, Brzenk, David Randall, Christian Binnie, Alexy Voevoda, Marcio Barbosa, Matt Girdner, and there are others.

Although it is not impossible for Bath to pin Bagent I think travis weighs a little too much for him.

Also check out my post on travis in the nationals thread, that will show you what I think of him.

HammerXT, I saw Travis for the first time with you at the EXPO and I personally like his show, Definately the Ali thing. It's impressive to watch and he's got the strength to back it up.

Yeah, Binnie, that's him.

They showed a clip of Binnie pinning him in 2003 to take some title. But for the most part its been Bagent with the wins.

I'd like to see Bath bulk up some more, or Bagent trim down and somehow them end up in the same weight class. I think it would be a good match.

Ali's behavoir was deplorable and a discrace to himself and his sport. No sport should have to sell its soul to sell tickets.

I agree with you on that.

Ali was a great fighter, one of the greatest of all times. But...... Tyson in his prime vs. Ali in his prime........... Tyson makes meat soup out of Ali.

Bagent is simply doing the Ali thing. This "King of the world" thing is laughable.

Like it or love it when he's on center stage thats the way he acts.....and I love it......it makes me want to get stronger and better and someday beat him......you think its bad but deep down inside it makes you want to armwrestle......cause you just wanna see what hes got.....you wanna see if you can be the one screaming in the end.....telling him your the man......Rather you like it or love it.....it's better for the sport......just like Ali was good for boxing....you may hate him.....but when you ask someone if they know any Boxers.....they will most likely say Ali off the bat.......myself would not act the way Travis does.....at least at this point in my life....I carry myself more like Mike Selearis, Ron Bath, and John Brezenk.....that silent instensty.....I see no problem with bragging on yourself, Just cause it's not my way doesn't make it a bad thing, and Hell Travis backs it up a lot.....regardles who everyone thinks is stronger than him....he has perfected the way he pulls and is only getting stronger IMO far from his prime....so hate him or love him like 50 cent says......hes on top.....and he's gone shine till he gets his ass dropped to the pad.... :D

Kyle what level do you compete at?

Just wondering.

If you aspire to armwrestle the big boys like Travis, I assume you are planning on being in the same weight class? You may already be.

I aint at pro level yet....i dunno what level I am at...I am just a 17 year old kid that loves armwrestling...and wants to be the best.....but I do weigh about 210-220......I aspire to beat everyone lol.....no matter who....no matter where.....

Travis is good, but yes, he can be beaten. He is considered the best super heavyweight - but not the best armwrestler! Ron Bath and John Brzenk beat him most of the time and they are not supers. David Randall has beaten him and so has Eric Wolfaol.

I have on tape Ron Bath beating him at the Harley Pull.

Also, two weeks ago in a challenge match Crazy George beat him! Crazy is a 220er. I heard two reports. One said it was for $100.00 and the second report said it was for $500.00.

Travis is considered the best left hander in the world in any weight class.

Dave....

Travis is good, but yes, he can be beaten.  He is considered the best super heavyweight - but not the best armwrestler!  Ron Bath and John Brzenk beat him most of the time and they are not supers.  David Randall has beaten him and so has Eric Wolfaol.

I have on tape Ron Bath beating him at the Harley Pull.

Also, two weeks ago in a challenge match Crazy George beat him!  Crazy is a 220er.  I heard two reports.  One said it was for $100.00 and the second report said it was for $500.00.

Travis is considered the best left hander in the world in any weight class.

Dave....

I watched the video on Arm.tv........and Dave Travis beat george.....he had george pinned...but the refs didn't call it......so Travis just gave up and let him win......and it was for $100.... :rock