2004 Nationals In Id

jad

I watched some AW on ESPN2 last night. I think it was the 2004 National Championships and I think they said it was in ID. Bagent is just unbelievable :bow First he spotted Harold Owens a foul, by fouling on purpose, then stepped up and smoked him. He took Steve Phipps down nice and slow, kind of like a mercy kill. Finally, in the championship with Christian Binnie(who doesn't seem to care for Travis): Binnie catches him in a hook and he stops it :ohmy . He should've been mincemeat at that point but then he pours on the backpressure and starts to toproll and they slip out. When they started again it looked like an obvious false start on Bagent but they didn't call anything, then he toprolled him on over and stops short of the pad and says something like "I think I'm gonna hold him here for a while before I put him down" then proceeds to finish him. Travis is just what AW needs :mosher

Travis and Christian are friends.. There's no issue there.

I think Christian just gets a little frustrated with Travis at the table sometimes. But I think most people do. It seems to be working for him though.

I will state this also cristian and travis are good friends. It can be very frustrating to be in Binnie's situation. Travis is a strong puller but christian is much stronger. I honestly did think that if binnie got that hook it would be easy rolling for him. That same thing happened at unified nationals this year and binnie smoked him. Couldnt beleive travis stopped him. That almost sorta kinda maybe false start is travis's golden ticket. He has been frustrating people off with that for years. Everyone has their little tricks of the trade. Some peoples little tricks piss other people off like travis and crazy george. Fact of the matter is a win is a win.

I will state this also cristian and travis are good friends.  It can be very frustrating to be in Binnie's situation.  Travis is a strong puller but christian is much stronger.  I honestly did think that if binnie got that hook it would be easy rolling for him.  That same thing happened at unified nationals this year and binnie smoked him.  Couldnt beleive travis stopped him.  That almost sorta kinda maybe false start is travis's golden ticket.  He has been frustrating people off with that for years.  Everyone has their little tricks of the trade.  Some peoples little tricks piss other people off like travis and crazy george.  Fact of the matter is a win is a win.

Yeah I see many people get mad at Crazy George cause of how he just holds you there and makes you tired then he finishes you......But when he gets beat it's exciting.....I saw the video of the Mike Gould(spelling?) Classic....Wher Mike Selearis beats him....and you can tell how excited Mike was......

Travis and Christian are friends..  There's no issue there. 

I think Christian just gets a little frustrated with Travis at the table sometimes. But I think most people do.  It seems to be working for him though.

I'm just going by the pre-match interview where Binnie flat out called him a cheat and said something like if he(Bagent) pulled without cheating he(Binnie) would win guaranteed. I'm sure you know better then me so if you say they're buddies, ok, but Binnie didn't look like he was joking around in the interview

Bagent is a great armwrestler with a piss poor attitude.

I know if you are as great as him its ok to be cocky and confident, but he takes it one step further.

He needs to be more professional.

I would love to see Ron Bath slam him. Ron will whoop ya, not say a word, and just pat you on the shoulder.

A true class act.

RL

I think he's great for the sport. Sure Bath and Brzenk are both class acts on the table but when Bagent is up there running his mouth doing his thing, it's entertaining and will hopefully give AW more appeal, thus more sponsors, and more money for all the pullers.

He puts on a Muhammed Ali like show, and like Ali mostly backs up his big mouth. I like the guy and think he must be good for the sport.

Bagent is incredibly good for our sport. His confidence works for him both ways. Not only does he intimidate his opponents but he sets a bar that he himself has to live up to and that keeps him motivated, just so he doesnt make a fool out of himself. Travis backs up what he says. If Nathan Holle came on here and said he could easily crush a 4 nobody can call him a bragger or a loudmouth because he speaks the truth. Travis may say he will beat you very loudly but when it comes time, he will.

This sport has to be made watchable to the general public. There is a reason that travis got the most amount of airtime on espn. There have been other loudmouths in our sport, this is not new, just like there have been many calm cool collected guys. Johnny walker was always very composed, rick zumwalt and bruce way were wildmen. Rick was a true trash talker and bruce used to drink motor oild and eat lit cigars to scare his opponents. Some people may call them arrogant but if it werent for carahters like them over the top would have never come out and we would be worse off than we are.