Sign in to follow this  
David Horne

69 Armwrestles In A Row!

David Horne

Since my dad died in 2003 I've always done something on my dad's birthday to celebrate this great man. In 2003 I did 67 grip lifts to mark what would have been his 67th birthday. The year later I bent 68 six inch nails and twisted them together. This year I decided on armwrestling. So I did 69 armwrestles, with the first half of them having the extra poundage of bicycle tubes, ranging from 5 tubes down to 1. The second half of this challenge was hard work, especially after quite a few wars as well! My wrist, forearm and bicep was totally wasted and I was now being beaten by everyone, until I found that I only had tricep strength left, so the final wins were done with a tricep press. These were all done in about 40 minutes time, and needless to say my training for the night finished after this.

Thanks to all the guys, and gal for making this happen.

David

DAN PRAYDIS

its good to hear that you are keeping his memory alive by doing stuff like that. good going dave :D

austinslater

Great post and I think its great you do something to Honor your Dad. Im planning on doing the same. God Bless buddy

Austin

neilkaz

What a way to honor your father and get a huge workout !

jad

Very nice post. I think it's wonderful you hnor your father every year like that.

FrankyBoy

Great idea David!

Dave H

Nice, David.

Dave...

David Horne

Arm feels good today, just a nice deep stiffness if I tense my forearms. Only pain is from the skin lost on my elbow!

Florian Kellersmann

Great report, David! You are an inspiration for me and I guess for all other gripboarders here too. Keep it up :rock:rock:rock

Matt Van Weele

Good stuff Dave. You think your sore now wait until the century mark roles around.