Getting Weaker For Every Workout?

golgotha

I started training armwrestling 2 months ago so i'm just a newbie, but is this normal?: I actually get weaker for every workout instead of stronger! Very weird and frustrating as hell!!

Has anyone experienced this when you started training armwrestling?

If i continue to go downhill like this for 2 months more i my girlfriend will beat me easily :D . She has also started armwrestling and is getting stronger for every workout. :rock

Edited by golgotha

hi did you hurt the muscle so that you are not pulling at full force or maybe you are burning your self out doing to much to fast .give us an example of what you do lifting and armwrestling and any other hobby that might be zapping your strength maybe you need to supplement with vitamins and extra protean and most of all getting enough sleep :sleep

I have had pain on the inside of my elbows, and my rear delts have been really sore for several days after an aw workout. Because of this my gym training has suffered a bit, my bench has dropped 45lbs for example.

I have had pain on the inside of my elbows, and my rear delts have been really sore for several days after an aw workout. Because of this my gym training has suffered a bit, my bench has dropped 45lbs for example.

sounds like you are hurt and wore out take it easy for a while and see if that helps . dave has turned all his energy and time into armwrestling and i'm sure he has had some days where he was hurt he also set aside all his other lifting and bending he did to pursue armwrestling if you take your time and write down a page of what you do i'm sure he can set you on the right path to getting your strength back good luck in your training and recovery :D

Dan,

You are totally correct. You have to put aside exercises that cause a problem, and do the right amount of training that your recovery allows.

Also things get a lot better, this seems impossible to believe. But I have no pains or anything at all from some real hard and long armwrestles last night.

David

Another thing, I have done a lot of tricep work in the last few months and this has really helped in my style of pulling.

I see this all the time with new guys. They get all excited and hit the new sport real hard. They lift like 3 nights a week and armwrestle 2 nights a week and completely wear themselves out. Patience is the key. Slow down. A seasoned pro will tell you that this step back in strength happens every once in a while. The cure is quite simple. Take a week and do nothing. Nothing at all, no grip, no lifting, no armwrestling nothing. Let your body catch up. Try it, I bet it helps.

I did my first tournament 2 wks ago and Im still sore. I remember David talking about how most guys new to the sport do one tournament and becuase of the pain for a few wks drop out. Take some time off and get rested up. Great advice guys!

I can tell you the resting is key.......when I started on my cables......I hit a point where I couldnt move them and inch.....and did them for and hour.....next day I was sore....and i took time off till i wasnt sore anymore....then I took more time of......cause even though your not sore doesnt mean your recovered but all you guys know that......anyway.....when i came back to the cables I couldnt move...I destroyed them.....i was in disbelief......I was like wtf did I do to myself.......resting can do a lot more than you think......so give it a try man....

Thanks for your replies! :bow I will try to get some more rest and let my body catch up.