Wrist Tip

austinslater

Rob gave me this wrist tip and I thought I would share it with others. For those who dont know who he is, he is one of the top pullers here in the states and has also came very close to closing a #4. Anyways here is the tip, take a gripper and close it, while holding it closed curl your hand towards your wrist like a wrist curl trying to keep the gripper closed the whole time. I hope this makes sense. Hope this helps!

Austin

Did he mention what gripper he did this with ? :bow

I used to gooseneck with Very light grippers and it was extremely hard.

(Heavier grippers open so quiclky that a sharp pain would shoot through my wrist)

I know this exercise from german armwrestlers too. I tried it with a plasic storegripper and it felt awful. I don't think, it's possible with harder grippers (COC #1 and upwards).

I think, the exercise should help for the hook. But I'm not shure, if it is a good exercise. It feels not good.

I tried it with a #2 or #3 one time at the suggestion of my brother and it shot out of my hand :D Yeah...Jake knew what he was doing :)

I just tried it with my T and i could only get about 3/8 - 1/2 inch of motion from vertical inward, then my wrist just stopped. Slightly better on the left than the right. Austin or anybody else who uses this regualarly, what would you say is a normal range of motion for this and what benefits have you noticed from doing it?

This is a very well known excersize up my way. I learned this from James Retarides, another great puller. The cool thing about this excersize is it teaches you to seperate the parts of your pull. When you pull it can be hard to focus on all parts of your upper body at once. This exercise lets you get used to having a strong solid grip while doing other things.

I know Robb very well and have spent alot of time with him. His whole crew, Robb Sasso, Benji Dwyer, Bob Columbe, John Ruggerio, Socrates Fronhoffer, all these guys are top quality pullers and really great guys. Rob has the strongest hands Ive ever felt, and I have pulled some of the biggest and the baddest.

So whats the idea with this exercise?......close the gripper then curl the wrist.....or curl the wrist then close it?

Man....when I do it I get this stretching feeling on the top of my wrist......from when I start to curl it to when I set in the curl......so question is this.......all of you that have been doing this......does that feling go away??.....it is kinda painfull meaning I dont like the way it feels.....but as far as it doing anthing bad I dont think so....i just think its a stretch really....but do you guys get the same feeling??

Tommy Heslep told me about this exercise and I found the Trainer challenging at first. He said to close it and then rotate your wrist around, not just curl it. That's pretty difficult!

Tommy Heslep told me about this exercise and I found the Trainer challenging at first.  He said to close it and then rotate your wrist around, not just curl it.  That's pretty difficult!

Do you do it alot now.....and have you seen any improvements....???????/

I have tried it also, feels pretty ok, no pain. I can turn my wrist very far with the trainer, it is more difficult with the #1. I believe its a decent exercise.

This exercise just feels WRONG! :whacked I can't believe I haven't heard of this before, it's pretty interesting. I think I'll do it more often once my wrist start feeling a little better than they have been now.

start light on this exercise guys. I used an easy store baught gripper for this one and have worked up since. Another option is to close a gripper and then do a reverse curl type of motion with it. Another one I got from a local armwrestler. Hope this helps. . .

Austin

This exercise felt weird at first,and painfull too. But now that i have played around with it for awhile it feels ok. I've been using a RB70 for this :D

Thanks for the tip! :)