Anyone Armwrestle This Guy?

LAHotSauce

I went to High School with Craig Tullier.

He finished in 1993 and I finished in 1994. We did some partying together once or twice back in the day. I remember his well.

I remember he started armwrestling in HS and was extremely good at it. I remember going a few small places around Central and he was beginning to dominate the competition.

I have ran across him about 4 times over the last 10 years but I guess I failed to realize how great of an armwrestler he has become. I ran across him at a large furniture outlet store in Baton Rouge back in 2001 and he told me he just got back from Russia armwresting some of the best.

I noticed some videos of him on pullingjohn.com. He is an awesome armwrestler.

I have heard some things about him over the years. He used to workout at a small gym in Central and one of my friends saw him rep 405lbs for 4 reps like it was 135. He competes RH in the 78kg class today so he was probably smaller back then.

One of my other friends who used to train with him said he was at his house and picked up a homemade forearm builder (the kind you slip over your hand) and couldn't budge it one centimeter but Craig could do reps with the thing. The guy who failed to do it was quite strong also.

Somebody said he has some sort of rare tendon/ligament abnormality that causes them to be extremely/abnormally strong.

I am a health care professional and I dont know what that is.

Has anyone ever armwrestled him? Ever chatted with him? Met him?

Just wondering.

I went to High School with Craig Tullier.

He finished in 1993 and I finished in 1994.  We did some partying together once or twice back in the day.  I remember his well.

I remember he started armwrestling in HS and was extremely good at it.  I remember going a few small places around Central and he was beginning to dominate the competition.

I have ran across him about 4 times over the last 10 years but I guess I failed to realize how great of an armwrestler he has become.  I ran across him at a large furniture outlet store in Baton Rouge back in 2001 and he told me he just got back from Russia armwresting some of the best.

I noticed some videos of him on pullingjohn.com.  He is an awesome armwrestler.

I have heard some things about him over the years.  He used to workout at a small gym in Central and one of my friends saw him rep 405lbs for 4 reps like it was 135. He competes RH in the 78kg class today so he was probably smaller back then.

One of my other friends who used to train with him said he was at his house and picked up a homemade forearm builder (the kind you slip over your hand) and couldn't budge it one centimeter but Craig could do reps with the thing.  The guy who failed to do it was quite strong also.

Somebody said he has some sort of rare tendon/ligament abnormality that causes them to be extremely/abnormally strong.

I am a health care professional and I dont know what that is.

Has anyone ever armwrestled him?  Ever chatted with him?  Met him?

Just wondering.

Somebody said that tendon thing about me......I dunno if its true but if it is sweet.......cause when I started beating bigger guys than me I was a lil kid....when I was younger I really never armwrestled much......I always listen to my dads armwrestling stories.....he had some good ones....and it made me love armwrestlng....but lol hate to admit it but part of the reason i love armwrestling so much is because I am good at it.......

But enough about me I saw Craig pull a couple of times.....and I saw the videos of Craig getting beat by Mike Selearis.......and I saw some of him dominating.....hes strong.....I hope to meet him someday.... :rock

I've seen some of his matches on Pulling John and he's obviously world class. As far as that tendon abnormality thing I used to work out with a kid at my old gym, who had a buddy that he said had the same thing

(six degrees of separation :)) He said when you would wrestle this kid once he put the "grip" on you it was over. It was like being in handcuffs, rolling against the thumb didn't even work. He said the guy broke his arm or something similiar where he needed surgery and the doctor commented his tendons were very, very, thick. I want to say he said they were double in thickness but I can't remember for sure.

Edited by jad

Wish I had those double thick tendons!!!!

Craig's supermatch with that Mike Sealaris guy is sweet. Mike is a few weight classes above him so winning 2 in best out of 5 isn't too shabby.

I haven't seen him in about 4 yrs. I'd like to see him and see how he trains grip/wrists/forearms. I've heard he's ridiculously strong.

He had a low-rider back in the day with a snug top on the back with something crazy like 4 18" subs and more of various sizes in it. I rode in it back in HS and the truck rode so rough your a$$ would hurt, then the subs were so loud your head would hurt. Double the pain!

I have competed in the same tournaments where he has been. He has competed here in Ohio quite a few times (the Harley Pull and the Arnold). He is very good. Never pulled him, though. We have always been in different weight classes.

Dave....

Craig Tullier is definately one of the best in the world at his weight. Ive been in armwrestling for many years now and can tell you the genetic abnormaility tendon deal is bull. Some people are born with bigger bones, tendons and so forth. When I pull a man with a much bigger hand then mine I dont say his hand is bigger because of a genetic abnormaility. Another thing, Craig recently bulked WAY up and all his new mass is solid. He looks like a million bucks, and is strong as ever. When he pulled selaris at the supermatch their weights were the same. Craig thought he could beat the best of the best in his new weight class and issued the challenge. Watching the videos of the supermatch as an expirienced puller I can tell you selaris had control of all those matches, even the ones he lost.

I will go out on a limb here and guess the one pin he took was his decision. Its better to throw one away and come back fresh than to waste yourself on one match and be spent. Especially in a best out of 5. That takes a ton of stamina.

Thanks for your insight Maverick, always great to hear what someone "in the know" has to say :bow

Beleive you me that new bulk was not hard to put on. Armwrestlers are always doing everything they can to maintain weight. I know craig was very dominate in the lower divisions. He finally made the decision to stop holding the weight and let it go. Eating heavy and lifting heavier and not worrying about weight. My training partner just recently went through the same thing. He went from about 150 to around 175 in just about 4 or so months and it is all solid lean mass. Hes just eating what he wants to and letting the weight build.

• 2 weeks later...

The tendon abnormality is bull, it's true... there's no such thing.... they reason these guys get such thick tendons is repetition... the tendons build themselves up from use and stress.

Craig was lighter than mike selearis for their supermatch.... but did very well considering that, he gave mike just about all he could handle.

And i'm sure Craig didn't curl 405lbs... I train with the superheavywieght world champion Ryan Espey.... he can't even do that, it's just not realistic.

The tendon abnormality is bull, it's true... there's no such thing....  they reason these guys get such thick tendons is repetition... the tendons build themselves up from use and stress.

Craig was lighter than mike selearis for their supermatch....  but did very well considering that, he gave mike just about all he could handle.

And i'm sure Craig didn't curl 405lbs...  I train with the superheavywieght world champion Ryan Espey....  he can't even do that, it's just not realistic.

Yeah what do you think Ryan Espey's chances of beating Travis Bagent.......I for one think Travis will destroy him, just like he did Alexia Voevoda....and also how much can Ryan curl 2 handed and one????

Well, first of all Alexey has only been pulling left hand for a year, and looked very awkward on the table pulling travis, he also looked like he was hurt.

2nd, Travis can't outsmart Espey at the table, he's been around for a long time.

The people who travis can barely beat left handed, Espey destroys.

Travis got his ass handed to him 2 weeks ago at the mike gould classis in ontario... Earl Wilson Crushed him, so did Devon Larratt... both of which Espey can beat easily.

And finally Espey is bigger, faster and stronger.. they've only ever pulled right handed before, and Espey won.

So I'm gonna have to say Espey will beat Travis like a rented mule.

As far as curls go, I think he uses from 110 to 150lb dumbells for hammer curls...

Well, first of all Alexey has only been pulling left hand for a year, and looked very awkward on the table pulling travis, he also looked like he was hurt.

2nd, Travis can't outsmart Espey at the table, he's been around for a long time.

The people who travis can barely beat left handed, Espey destroys.

Travis got his ass handed to him 2 weeks ago at the mike gould classis in ontario...  Earl Wilson Crushed him, so did Devon Larratt...  both of which Espey can beat easily.

And finally Espey is bigger, faster and stronger..    they've only ever pulled right handed before, and Espey won.

So I'm gonna have to say Espey will beat Travis like a rented mule.

I saw the video of the super match.....and Travis beat Larrat 3 matches to 1.......now left handed.....i dunno......this will be a good match no doubt.....I hope Espey can win it for Canada cause thats where hes from right?.....but I see travis top rolling him.....and taking him down easy.....in a hook I think travis will lose.....and I think travis has been pulling longer than Espey....

right handed yes, travis beat devon.... but placed 3rd behind both devon and earl left handed.

Ryan doesnt hook. he top rolls also. if anything it will slip out and go into the straps... and I am pretty sure Ryan is much stronger... I hear Travis is good in the straps too though.

I don't know, I guess we'll find out in 3 days... Ryan is a good friend of mine so obviously I'm biased :p hehe

And i'm sure Craig didn't curl 405lbs... I train with the superheavywieght world champion Ryan Espey.... he can't even do that, it's just not realistic.

Sorry I didn't clarify. I meant bench press 405. Yeah, a 405lb curl would be shocking to say the least.