Elbow Pain?

golgotha

Hello everyone!

I'm a beginner at armwrestling, pulled for the 4:th time last Sunday and it felt good.I was definitly stronger than the previous workout.

The problem is the pain on the inside of my elbows :cry i tried to pull again yesterday but i felt pain just from warming up at the table so i backed off.

I understand that this is more or less "normal" for beginners, but it's a bit frustrating.

Can i do anything to speed up the healing process?

And should i wait until the pain is completely gone before i pull again?

Hello everyone!

I'm a beginner at armwrestling, pulled for the 4:th time last Sunday and it felt good.I was definitly stronger than the previous workout.

The problem is the pain on the inside of my elbows  :cry  i tried to pull again yesterday but i felt pain just from warming up at the table so i backed off.

I understand that this is more or less "normal" for beginners, but it's a bit frustrating.

Can i do anything to speed up the healing process?

And should i wait until the pain is completely gone before i pull again?

WAIT UNTIL IT IS COMPLETELY GONE.

Hi,

Pain goes hand in hand with armwrestling. We used to have some terrific pain when we started, in fact I used to take painkillers before my a/w workouts! Anyway, that's all a thing of the past, as now I am usualy recovered after a day. I now can full-bore armwrestle twice a week, and this works great for all of us.

The pain in the inside of the elbow is usualy due to you applying side pressure. So why not do some 'back pressure' only pulls, until you are ready for anything else.

Don't worry it won't last forever, but you are a real beginner and if you run before you walk then more excess pain will occur.

David

One of the most important things in the pulling game is knowing good pain from bad pain. Some pain means progress and a good workout and some pain means causing too much damage.

Understand that every new armwrestler will feel plenty of pain, and it is not fun. This is just your tendons getting used to the new load they have to bear. My recomendation to you as a beginner is stretch, stretch, stretch and stretch even more. This should help alot. I have adapted over the years to the point where only a little stretching is needed but when I was first starting I was stretching morning noon and night. Many times throught the day even if I wasnt going to armwrestle that day.

Another good tip is to find your favorite muscle rub and learn to love it. It is an armwrestlers best friend. Whenther bengay, icyhot, mineral ice, nicoflex, or horse linament learn to like the smell and the burn because this will make you life alot easier.

what if you get pain on the outside of the elbow. For me it gets so bad I can't pick up a water bottle for the rest of the day. Then it can be easily irrated for the next couple weeks and go right back to square one