To Sixgun

kelby

did you ever pull against john brezinski.

:happy .......just a lil help on this one......do you mean John Brzenk?? :help:whistel

Kelby,

Yea, at the "Harley Pull" in 2000. I took my crack at him just like every one else in the weight class. I hit him HARD! He caught me, swept me to the pad, touched me on the back of my hand, said "Good job," and walked away. I talked with him a few times as well. He's a very nice guy.

It came down to John and Cobra Rhodes - who I know a lot better than John - in the over-all finals for the Harley. Cobra gave him a way to go, (Cobra wanted that Harley) but John beat him. Cobra told him after the match, "When it comes picture time on the Harley, I'm sitting on the back!" And he did.

Dave...

Josh,

Man, I don't know. At that level, who can tell? I drove up to Mike Bowlings house one time and trained with Mike, Dan Victor, Bill Ballanger and James Horn. That was when I was just getting serious about the sport back in the late 90's. They were all strong. We banged away at each other for a few hours.

One time at the Ohio State I pulled Big Bob Sutton. He weighed in that day at 330!

I was in the weight-class below him, but I jumped up and tried to pull both classes. I took second in my weight-class that day, but I could not budge him. I've had people say the same about me. So it's really hard to say who's the strongest I've pulled.

I've had some really strong guys lock up with me and I just hold them and look at them! And I've had guys do that to me. It's just hard to say.

Dave....

i entered a armwrestling once, i got injured. i beat a world champion in the process and a canadian champ. but my i wasn't experienced enough. arm wrestling on the table is a lot different from bar room tables. i remember i was drunk saturday morning in a bar, and a big guy walks in sat at the table next to us with his friends. i over heard him talkin about armwrestling. my friend and i only had enough for couple drinks. not enough to last us all day. willl any way he was saying how he beat all the wwf wrestlers in armwrestling, and also champion armwrestlers. kee in mind this guy was 280 pounds about six feet two inches tall. very solid hairy man. so i asked a guy i know to spot me hundred dollars. and he did, the big guy looked at me and said "no problem". so we went at it, and when i twisted his wrist and slammed his hand, i heard something snap. i never said anything cause i didn't want to embarasse him. he kept sitting with us, buying us beer, asking if i ever armwrestled, and was trying to get me to go on tournaments. i never did. but to honestly tell you the truth i never lost an armwrestling match, small guys three hundred pounds guys,i beat them all. even the tournament i armwrestled, i got injured but still pinned the canadian champ. maybe some day i will enter another tournament, but i will find a site that shows technique. at the time i was drinking lots and working out with weights high intensity style. i was wrist curling 200 pounds for twelve, (not of this half reps full ones on the bench between my legs) and seated incline dumbell curls with 100 pounders for six full slow reps. and i was only 175 pounds. but all the partying and mixing high intensity training caught up with me. i started gett seizures when i drank and train hard. never gave my nervous system a rest. but not i am good, don't drink anymore. but don't lift weights either, just pull ups and grippers.

Sixgun..thx again for all your experiences and sharing them.

Kelby.. you sound like you were/are quite a beast ! How did you injure yourself at that tourney ? If you want to get back into, there certainly is enough talent here to advise.

.. neilkaz ..

What are were the names of the champs you beat ?

And what weight class were you in ?

i entered a armwrestling once, i got injured. i beat a world champion in the process and a canadian champ. but my i wasn't experienced enough. arm wrestling on the table is a lot different from bar room tables. i remember i was drunk saturday morning in a bar, and a big guy walks in sat at the table next to us with his friends. i over heard him talkin about armwrestling. my friend and i only had enough for couple drinks. not enough to last us all day. willl any way he was saying how he beat all the wwf wrestlers in armwrestling, and also champion armwrestlers. kee in mind this guy was 280 pounds about six feet two inches tall. very solid hairy man. so i asked a guy i know to spot me hundred dollars. and he did, the big guy looked at me and said "no problem". so we went at it, and when i twisted his wrist and slammed his hand, i heard something snap. i never said anything cause i didn't want to embarasse him. he kept sitting with us, buying us beer, asking if i ever armwrestled, and was trying to get me to go on tournaments. i never did. but to honestly tell you the truth i never lost an armwrestling match, small guys three hundred pounds guys,i beat them all. even the tournament i armwrestled, i got injured but still pinned the canadian champ. maybe some day i will enter another tournament, but i will find a site that shows technique. at the time i was drinking lots and working out with weights high intensity style. i was wrist curling 200 pounds for twelve, (not of this half reps full ones on the bench between my legs) and seated incline dumbell curls with 100 pounders for six full slow reps. and i was only 175 pounds. but all the partying and mixing high intensity training caught up with me. i started gett seizures when i drank and train hard. never gave my nervous system a rest. but not i am good, don't drink anymore. but don't lift weights either, just pull ups and grippers.

What are were the names of the champs you beat ?

And what weight class were you in ?

LOL :laugh calm down :blink .......are you doubting him.....or what......

i entered in prince alber about thriteen years ago. i thought i had the guys arm pinned down on the string, so when i was getting up the guy named rocky smith he was a champ at that time pulled my arm and i heard crackling. stupid me should of just gave up, he almost had my arm touch the string, but i pulled him back and pinned him, man i shooul of just gave up. i think those were ligaments crackling. but my arm was bummed after that. it was my inexperience.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, let us want to be type know your real name. We can tell our grandkids that we read a message from Kelby, AKA ......... BTW, this board, and the internet for that matter, are the bomb. Who would have thunk it a couple of decades ago that you could actually communicate with the world's best in grip and armwrestling feats of strength in an online forum.

Man, let us want to be type know your real name. We can tell our grandkids that we read a message from Kelby, AKA ......... BTW, this board, and the internet for that matter, are the bomb. Who would have thunk it a couple of decades ago that you could actually communicate with the world's best in grip and armwrestling feats of strength in an online forum.

I agree, who woulda thunk it!!! :bow

hey guys i for one will believe almost anything that stands to make sense if someone says he or she can do something i will need proof that they cant do it i have had my doughts about alot of stuff until i saw it done so you wont here me question any lifts or old experiences if channel 10 sports ever comes back with some old videos of armwrestling you will see me at the table to but i have looked high and low and cant find them anywhere 3 films so next time someone says they do x amount of weight ill say dam thats good :)

That's right. A lot of guys have done a lot of things in their past. That's what a lot of young guys don't get. When some of these young guys have been lifting and competing for 25 - 30 years, and have done some outstanding things and then they talk about it and the young guys of that era questions them - then they will know how we feel right now.

Dave...

i am just giving a little about myself. ain't trying to be noticed by everyone.or i don't want people to think, hey that man is the strongest ,the best etc. etc. i havent touched weights in along time, i am not even into armwrestling. right now i am trying to crush the threes, and tear a deck of cards. and i am really into grappling. so, i do bodyweight exercises. evem though i havent touched weight i can still probable do reps with 315, barbell curl 200. not bragging or anything just saying how it is. maybe i will video tape myself just to prove it. but i am not worried if you belive me or not.

i am just giving a little about myself. ain't trying to be noticed by everyone.or i don't want people to think, hey that man is the strongest ,the best etc. etc. i havent touched weights in along time, i am not even into armwrestling. right now i am trying to crush the threes, and tear a deck of cards. and i am really into grappling. so, i do bodyweight exercises. evem though i havent touched weight i can still probable do reps with 315, barbell curl 200. not bragging or anything just saying how it is. maybe i will video tape myself just to prove it. but i am not worried if you belive me or not.

you are who i'm referring to kelby i believe everything you say that kind if weight is good keep up the good work i also have been doubted before :yikes