Pulling John

Matt Brouse

I remember hearing talks a while back of a movie called "Pulling John". What ever came of this? Is it still in the works? Hmm?

Yeah.....I talked to them and they told me the end of the filming is no where in site.....so I think they will film untill they think they have what they need.....I hope it gets completed before the end of this year......it will be in my movie collection for sure...!!!!!!

I emailed them as well and they pretty much told me the same thing they told Kyle. I got one of their T-shirts for my birthday. It's the one with Cleve Dean and Johnny Walker pulling on the front. I get some funny looks when I wear it but I could care less.

Anybody have this movie: Livin' to Pull It looks pretty good but I'd never heard of it and wasn't sure if it was a ripoff or what. Any comments would be appreciated.

http://www.livintopull.com/

I emailed them as well and they pretty much told me the same thing they told Kyle.  I got one of their T-shirts for my birthday.  It's the one with Cleve Dean and Johnny Walker pulling on the front.  I get some funny looks when I wear it but I could care less.

Anybody have this movie:  Livin' to Pull  It looks pretty good but I'd never heard of it and wasn't sure if it was a ripoff or what.  Any comments would be appreciated.

http://www.livintopull.com/

Hmmmmm I dunno......if I had the doe I would prolly buy it......but I have to reavaluate my cash flow before I do that.....

I might have to find a way to check that "living to pull" out.

It cant possiblly be bad...I mean...armwrestling is intense any way you put it.

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to order livin to pull, and I emailed them... and got no reply. Wanted to make sure they shipped ot canada...

I still want it...

if anyone gets any kind of reply from them. let me know :)

I think it would be a great DVD... lots of awesome pullers in it

• 1 year later...

Any updates on that? Are they still working on this movie?

I guess they are. And with Brzenk winning every tourney he's entering, they have more and more material. I guess it would suck if they complete the movie, and a few months after Brzenk does something amazing, and it will be left out. That might be why they don't release it yet.

I found a similar thread in the northeastboard, where John Brzenk answered himself:

http://teammaine.proboards107.com/index.cg...9166&page=1

The movie should be complete in spring 2007. I can't wait to see it!

• 4 weeks later...

Good news:

http://www.pullingjohn.com/news.html

12/19/06 - THE MOMENT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR IS FINALLY APPROACHING.

After a hiatus, PULLING JOHN is moving full speed ahead for a MARCH 2007 Deadline. Release Date will follow. Bessie and Sevan have teamed up with Navid Khonsari, known for projects like the videogame Grand Theft Auto and Chris Fiore, whose masterful editing skills have cut everyone from Jay Z to Christy Turlington while winning awards like Grand Jury Prize at Sundance with the movie, "John Henrik Clarke: A Great and Mighty Walk." Pulling John, the epic movie on armwrestling, will soon wow movie-going audiences everywhere.

Good news:

http://www.pullingjohn.com/news.html

12/19/06 - THE MOMENT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR IS FINALLY APPROACHING.

After a hiatus, PULLING JOHN is moving full speed ahead for a MARCH 2007 Deadline. Release Date will follow. Bessie and Sevan have teamed up with Navid Khonsari, known for projects like the videogame Grand Theft Auto and Chris Fiore, whose masterful editing skills have cut everyone from Jay Z to Christy Turlington while winning awards like Grand Jury Prize at Sundance with the movie, "John Henrik Clarke: A Great and Mighty Walk." Pulling John, the epic movie on armwrestling, will soon wow movie-going audiences everywhere.

Now, that's what I am talking about :rock:rock:rock I have been looking forward to this for a long time :rock

Ditto! It took forever already! :)

The question is will the end be anticlimactic? It will be if John pulls Rustam.

I would like to see John pull Voevoda again with Voevoda at 280 and as strong or stronger than in 2004. Looking at the videos of John pulling recently, I don't think even Voevoda will have a chance but it would sure as heck make it interesting: the best this hemisphere ever produced against the best ever on the other side of the world.

No disrespect meant towards Rustam, but I would hate to see this entire project end with John at 187 man-handling a guy half his strength.

Edited by G-Man

Gerrit, I totally agree. A fight with Alexey Voevoda would be a better end. But who know, when they will pull?

Well, doesn't John lose some strength going from 209 to 187? So maybe he wont win THAT easy... ???

Usually that is the case: when you drop weight, it seems you lose some power. When John dropped from 234 to 209, I hardly noticed a change, as is evident here.

• 3 months later...

Any updates here? Deadline for pulling John was March 2007.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a message from Gary Roberts posted in the northeastboard:

I can't say much but....I got some word today that something is coming soon...

There is a good chance we will be asking you to make a trek to a film festival to help support the debut in the next few xxxxx..(can't say when yet)

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???

AWESOME!!!

Could you imagine the entire armwrestling community storming a music festival and knocking down the walls??

It could be a revolution!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I just went to see if there was any updates to the Pulling John movie. There's a what seems to be the poster for the movie on it now. Says site wil be updated in June. Kind of a bummer though that you don't get to watch the matches or profiles like before. There's only the Contact Us link.

But atleast it's a change which means they haven't forgotten about us yet!!!

I think the movie is closer to being done than people think. As far as when we will be able to see it is another question.

its taking soo long...im hoping they finish sometime soon though

• 11 months later...

It's amusing how many times this 2 year old thread has been reopened! I'm with you guys, I want to see the movie too :D