Hand Dyno World Record?

JustinH

Chris,

You are very kind with your words. I actually think you would fit the bill as a modern day Goerner. I don't think I have that same nonchelant strength. I have had to use my brains and body a lot to get as strong as I am. Nothing wrong in that, but not the same 'natural' strength of you or Goerner.

David

On the Barbaran dyno, I believe, a year ago when I was barely closing my 2 (still there, haha) I did 70k basically both R and L, give or take a kilo. A man with a stout grip who is both a CofC and a MM1 only did 74K right after me so it is hard to say. Grippers are a skill movement, not just strength. Also, the dyno I tried didn't move and was quite thick so you couldn't "set" it in the sweet spot. I suspect the person I am talking about would beat me by 25K in the final crush spot.

• 2 months later...

GOt my hands on a TAKEI dyno, and got 78kg RH. LH was 72kg. I now own that TAKEI dyno, and i think it will become very handy in measuring my progress :D

I've done 120kg with my left and 116kg with my right on my Baseline dyno (I'm right handed). The difference might be that I am ususally pretty well fatigued when I try a dyno, my right more than my left because I do 75% of my lifts right handed at the shows. At the IHRSA show in San Fransisco a week after the arnold some guys selling LifeWave nanotechnology patches came to the GNC booth and wanted me to try their baseline dyno. The best I could do without the patches was 116kg left and with the patches I was able to get up to 119kg a couple of times. I tried Richard's Baraban Dyno at the Arnold last year and was somewhere around 90-92kg.

That is some pretty good hand strengths mr. Wade! But what a difference between a RB and a baseline dyno...

Next week i'm able to feel a RB dyno, and i'll report back to you

:D

God damn Wade thats amazing. So can you close a #4 ?

Nope, something just isn't right with my hands and the grippers. I bottom out and have no power to finish it off. I am working on it though. That's the funny thing about dyno's - Clay is far superior to me with the grippers but I am better (I think) than him in the pinch and supporting grip, yet we have very similar dyno numbers.

Oldtimer / Dutch,

How would you rate the Takei dyno?

I've just got a digital model (£4.10 off ebay). I managed to get 61.6kgf righty, after a gripper workout (kta phase one type).

I can get a hair away from closing the #2.

Well, not on any given day, but when i feel good i can close the #3.. So most of the time i get it (because i always feel good!), and then my TAKEI is around 75kg for RH (closing hand) My TAKEI is a digital too.

• 13 years later...
On 03/03/2005 at 16:37, king crusher said:

mec, avrage pour un homme moyen est environ 140 sur un dyno et 112 pour une femme je crois.

im sorry the average to the men normal is 110 pound or 50 kg   i madfe the reserarch   .....its not offense to you...i like the truth good  informations   ....if you make a research to men normal   .....its that.. thanks