Ronnie Coleman Tries A No 3 Gripper

matonski

No one could tell for certain what Ronnie could do with the grippers if he decides to seriously train, but it's safe to say if he there ever was an article in the magazine like Flex of Ronnie using the grippers, the sales of grippers would increase exponentially. Just look at this thread being still alive for nearly 3 years with 75 posts in it.

That's because "Ronnie Coleman" is one of those names most people search for on strength websites :) Along with either Arnold S. or Mariusz P. Bottom line, Ronnie Coleman despite obvious "advantages" still has some massive potential in strength sports even now in his 40's.

Well to be honest, neither of you are right. There are NOT 20 people who have closed a #4, not even with a choker have 20 people closed a #4. However there have been more than 5, just only 5 under official conditions.

I highly doubt Ronnie could close a #4, it takes more than overall strength to close a #4, it takes specific strength that you have to be extraordinarily gifted AND train your ass off for. If he tried as hard as people like Kinney (would NEVER happen) at grippers then maybe, just maybe he could get it. But pro strongmen never put as much effort into grippers as people like Kinney because as was previously stated, they DON'T care about grippers. They don't gain them humongous amounts of money and advertising contracts, so naturally they care more about strongman.

Neither does strongman, considering whats involved the winnings from WSM aren't that much to an American. Thanks to exchange rates though people from eastern Europe get much more than the average man's salary.

I made a thread about #4 closers awhile back, something like 15 or 17 people so Paul isn't that far off.

Really? Well then I'm sorry I didn't think it was nearly that many. Wow I'm shocked.

Yeah I guess you're right Zach. I wasn't sure but still, grippers don't pay you anything and I just think strongmen have no interest in our sport for the most part.

i dont really class strongman an grip as being different, not really, a lot of the grip feats are strongman feats, grip is a big part of strongman - big maggy s 'i train my grip 3 times a week, cuss a strongman without a grip, aint gonna make it far' note that this man has been on wsm podium more times than anyone..i think a lot of strongman dont train hands an wrists hard enough, they dont do enough specific training

as far as having to be extraordinarily gifted, nah, not genetic wise anyway, maybe as far as determination an mentally being able to handle it, most people dont have that, an you do train that too, but if i suppose if ther is a gift it's that you feel like it's something you have to do, so you'll do anything you can to make it a reality

• 3 weeks later...
ronnie's unbelievable dvd is awesome - he has monsterous forearms, no doubt he would close #4 an beyond if he trained for it, but thats not gonna happen

Ronnie is huge, yes! I have no doubt, he could close the #4! Maybe he needs a #5 :bow

anyone aside from a few 10 yr olds....know better than to say that ronnie could close #4....the man couldnt close a #3 and it's light years easier than #4. There are plenty of people MUCH MUCH MUCH stronger than coleman who cant close #4 or even #3....so perhaps it's time to give people like Kinney the credit they deserve. Also if Kinney took half as many roids as coleman does...I am sure he can pack on a few lb. .....oh right....that's right none of the professional BBers use AAS...my apologies...

people saying he could close a #4 easily with very little training are pushing it a lot. Magnus samuleson-someone who is MUCH stronger then him-, can barley close a #4 and he does train grip. He can do lots of grip feats also though like bending and rolling thunder ext.

Ronnie is huge, yes! I have no doubt, he could close the #4! Maybe he needs a #5 :bow

haha... he can't close a #3... it might be a tad bit early to be talking about a #5.

:dry

He's been on this board for close to 3 years and still knows nothing!?!

Magnus samuleson-someone who is MUCH stronger then him-, can barley close a #4 and he does train grip.

Samuelsson has repped his 4 with 3 fingers and nearly closed(sub 1/4") someone else's 4 inverted nonchalantly on video in a shopping mall :) According to Ironmind news alittle while back Samuelsson was quoted as saying "I'm not one to brag, but I can close the #4 no problem".

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Magnus samuleson-someone who is MUCH stronger then him-, can barley close a #4 and he does train grip.

Samuelsson has repped his 4 with 3 fingers and nearly closed(sub 1/4") someone else's 4 inverted nonchalantly on video in a shopping mall :) According to Ironmind news alittle while back Samuelsson was quoted as saying "I'm not one to brag, but I can close the #4 no problem".

oh heh I just remember seeing youtube video and looked pretty tough, must have been old. He is a great grip athlete that is for sure.

• 14 years later...