Ronnie Coleman Tries A No 3 Gripper

matonski

Did he yell...LIGHT WEIGHT! LIGHT WEIGHT...BABY!

Coleman is the freak of freaks.

Lol, that is funny :D

"Get REEAAAAADDDYY!! HEY BUDDY! Ain't nothin but a peanut....."

"Good ole' chicken!"

I like Ronnie's DVDs. :D

Anyone for scrambled egg whites, grits, and cheese slices? ;)

Breakfast of champs. :yikes

What I don't think was mentioned in the article is if Ronnie has ever had any experience with the grippers before.  While I doubt he trains them a lot and spends his time lifting weight, I wouldn't be surprised if he's crushed a gripper or two.

Clay,

I can just about assure you that Coleman has done considerable grip work. Last year, the day after I competed at the nationals in Arlington, Texas, my friend Eric needed to squeeze in a workout and we ended up dropping by Metroflex Gym (where Coleman trains). We ended up meeting and training with his training partner Rendy Delacruz, nice guy(really strong kid about 5"10",320lbs, 23 years old.) After bullshitting for awhile it turns out this kid is a grip guy. He showed me this 2' foot section of steel train track which was extremely hard to pick up(awkward).He said that he was the only one at the gym that could lift it, not even Coleman could. Then he coerced us into doing some plate pinching, hub lifting and finally Rolling Thunder. At first I thought this kid was full of shit cause he said that he was training for the Rolling Thunder Nationals and was intending on pulling 330. Well he wasn't full of shit it was just that his R.T handle was older and stuck just a tiny bit when it revolved. I ended up pulling a pretty hard 275 on it. He missed the 275 but in all fairness he said he had pulled with it the day before. He did tell us though that the best Coleman's done on that R.T. was 225, so if I guessed I would say that Coleman's probably doing 200-210ish on a good R.T. handle---- so although Coleman may not be doing direct work on the grippers, R.T., etc. all the time, he's definitely messed around with that stuff. That was definitely a very cool chance meeting--- too bad we missed Ronnie.

Mazza

:cool Cool story..small world.......and along those lines...I've seen the pic of Coleman full deadlifting the Infinite Strength,INCH2, 175lb,all steel,2.47" dumbell.It has a polished solid steel,unpainted handle.Same handle PEXTER has on his EXCALIBUR dumbell.

Ask forum member Pexter-the Infinite handle is smoother and harder to grip than the regular INCH replica handle-which is 2.47" but painted. Josh Bigger who has deadlifted the cast iron INCH replica and deadlifted the INFINITE STRENGTH,2.47",175#,INCH2 ...says the cast iron INCH replica is easier"not as slippery".

Long story shortened Coleman fully deadlifted the INFINITE, INCH2,supposedly easily sometime in August. Hopefully-one of these days-they'll post the pic.It is an old school hard copy photo(s) that Dobson snail mailed to them-and these guys don't even have a scanner.( 3 C&C's but not a scanner)

I think the same kid Allarounder74 is talking about got the INCH2 almost to his knees...cause Dobson(owner of MetroFlex) told the owners of INFINITE STRENGTH that only 2 people have lifted the INCH2.Coleman full deadlifted it and this other big kid(who I think is this DelaCruz)got it to his knees....Again,board member and INCH lifter(excalibur dumbell owner) PEXTER will tell ya(i think)how difficult the Infinite handle is.Pexter ended up painting his.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

What is this - some special "club" where you haffta be someone famous before he decides you can try this damn gripper!  :mellow

I feel neglected and hurt.  :cry

Ask and you shall receive.

Did you ask him?

Like many have already said I bet Big Ron would own the 3 with less than a month of training. His hands remind me of Tony Scrivens' hands as they are very, very thick.

Anyone for scrambled egg whites, grits, and cheese slices? ;)

Breakfast of champs.  :yikes

I actually have made that exact meal (except whole eggs, not just egg whites) about 7 or 8 times since seeing it on Coleman's DVD... and it is goooood stuff. Easy to make too. :cool

As I stated in another post a while back, I shook Ronnie's hand a couple of years ago and the power was incredible. The only other person whose handshake was as strong that I've experienced is former NFL player Ben Davidson. Huge hands and a grip like a vise. Nice guy too, just like Ronnie.

... I asked, pulling out not just a No. 3 Captains of Crush gripper, but the exact 2004 No. 3 Captains of Crush gripper that Clay Edgin had not been able to fully close at the last year's AOBS dinner, but that he then dusted at Steve Belanger's Grip Gathering in December.

What the hell?? Randy didn't give me THAT gripper to try! :angry:

What is this - some special "club" where you haffta be someone famous before he decides you can try this damn gripper! :mellow

I feel neglected and hurt. :cry

Snott,

Randy did have a new #3 with him at the GNC show. He handed it to me right after I certified on my own #3. Then he gave it to Magnus V. to try. I believe he also gave it to Ryan Brown and Chad Woodall. Remember, I asked you if you had gotten it from Randy and tried to close it?

1/4 aint bad for that beast of a 3 which i tried at so cal grip gathering.

plus no warm up or chalk or anything.

gunter could close it also.

Here is some more trivia regarding the #3 attempt and the massiveness of Ronnie Coleman-evidenced by Strossens description and the photo.

My boss got an e-mail(regarding the little news release on the IM site)from Ronnies trainer.

RONNIE HASN"T TRAINED OR LIFTED WEIGHTS -AT ALL0 IN 3 1/2 months! :help

I'll have them send the e-mail from Ronnies trainer to Wannagrip.

Not proof but will prove that-at least-I'm,not making this up. :D

Coleman is THE "freak of freaks".

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

Ronnie truly is a strong guy and it's great for bodybuilding I hate hearing people bash them saying they're weak and such. It goes to show you , "if you have big muscles you might just have a little strength to" ;)

Ronnie truly is a strong guy and it's great for bodybuilding I hate hearing people bash them saying they're weak and such.  It goes to show you ,  "if you have big muscles you might just have a little strength to" ;)

yep

Here is some more trivia regarding the #3 attempt and the massiveness of Ronnie Coleman-evidenced by Strossens description and the photo.

My boss got an e-mail(regarding the little news release on the IM site)from Ronnies trainer.

RONNIE HASN"T TRAINED OR LIFTED WEIGHTS -AT ALL0 IN 3 1/2 months! :help

I'll have them send the e-mail from Ronnies trainer to Wannagrip.

Not proof but will prove that-at least-I'm,not making this up. :D

Coleman is THE "freak of freaks".

Confirmed.

Like many have already said I bet Big Ron would own the 3 with less than a month of training.  His hands remind me of Tony Scrivens' hands as they are very, very thick.

you guys have seen how big the larsons are ?and THEY are impressed by Ronnies hand size and hand strength(from their handshake with him)?

IMHO-say no more. :happy

Like many have already said I bet Big Ron would own the 3 with less than a month of training.  His hands remind me of Tony Scrivens' hands as they are very, very thick.

you guys have seen how big the larsons are ?and THEY are impressed by Ronnies hand size and hand strength(from their handshake with him)?

IMHO-say no more. :happy

Shane Larson has a picture of himself and his brother with Ronnie in his gallery (<< misplaced modifier, sorry :blush ). It really shows how big all 3 are, actually. :cool

Did Ronnie take such a long break from training before? I remember seeing him at last years Arnold and he did not look as big as what everyone has always said.

That's a hard ass 3. I tried it just last weekend at the FitExpo in Pasadena.. Randy handed it to me. Couldnt quite close the damn thing.. and I tried a number of times. I need to stop flaking out on my grip workouts.. next time I see him I want to close that damn thing. Randy kindof tried to downplay to me the degree to which he had increased the toughness of the 04' and later #3's, but this one was certainly reasonably harder than an average 3 (pre 04).

A word on Ronnie Coleman.. He was at the FitExpo last weekend as well, and Devin and I must be the only ones who didnt think he was as big as we thought he'd be. ? No doubt he's huge.. but not the kind of alien unhuman look that you see in a well composed Weider sponsored photospread. There were a lot of Pro's there.. and it was the same story with most of them. Big, sure.. but not unbelievable.

in contest form he is 5'11 and 296lbs at around 2% bf.

id say that is as close to inhuman as humanly possible lol

Ive never seen the great fascination with the guy.

:blink errrr...ahhhhh......maybe because he is 7 time Mr. Olympia,squats 800 plus,deadlifts 800 plus,dumbell presses 200's for reps,front squat 595 for 4 reps,and lately-in front of Randall Strossen- demonstrated an incredible grip?

oh...and he's still doing all the above at 40 years of age. :ohmy

If Ronnie trained on grippers with the goal of closing the gripper under discussion, it is my opinion (no proof) that he would close it, if not within moments, then within days.

Who else has closed it as far as he did? Did they have his lack of grip training?

lol geo are you for real.

ok whos as big at the same bf levels.

my uncle tips the scales at around 300...so i guess hes as big to. lol

as tom mentioned hes a 7 TIME OLYMPIA WINNER. and next year will tie lee haney for 8.

who has his quality,stregth,musclemass ect ect ect.

he is a complete package.

more so then any stregth or bodybuilder before him.

roark, gunter schlirkamp(sp) is another top bodybuilder who has a great grip. he got the hg500 to about 1/8 inch inverted. first ever try.

theres pics of him doing it...could someone post those if possible?