2005 February - Clay Edgin's Strongman Show - Hubgeezer

Hubgeezer

No he is the Claymanator hidden in the gentle gaint known as Clay.Metal bends at his will.

Thanks Geezer for the report.

So would'nt that make him Magneto ?

Time to get him a helmet......

:online Nerdiest thing I've ever posted......

So would'nt that make him Magneto ?

Time to get him a helmet......

:online Nerdiest thing I've ever posted......

Molecule Man could have done the same thing, though he was killed off back in the Marvel Secret Wars series in the mid 80's.

I knew my old love for comics would pay off someday to make me look like a true dork! :blush

VeGripper

Only thing bigger than Clays Strength is a little kids smile - way to go guys!

Great story! :rock

I bet those in attendance have fun sharing this "STORY" with

others who did not attend.

Attendee- This big guy did this, then he did that.

Nonattendee- Yeah right! Only the CLAYMINATOR could possibly do those things.

Maybe the CLAYMINATOR really does exist afterall. :yikes

He has both superstrength and a big heart.

Sounds like you did a great job Clay!

Even though I had made up a pretty flyer with a color photo of Clay bending at our July "contest", all 200 attendees passed on the item.

They all passed because my picture was on it! :laugh

Thanks for the great write up. I had the best time! I'm still flying high today. I was really surprised how much the kids enjoyed it. I don't know, I figured maybe they would think it was lame or fake. One of my favorite memories was that I bent a 5/8" bar into a fish shape and gave it to a little girl, who proceeded to run around the auditorium with it, making it "swim" in the air. Then she and her friend tried to pull the ends of the bars apart and couldn't budge them.

Highly commendable, my friend. At least somebody is putting their strength to more use than personal glory.

2 thumbs up.

See you saturday

Dan

Great story and congrats to both Hubgeezer and Clay. Clay, it didn't surprise me at all that the kids would dig you. Here's another Clay story for the rest of you. I was competing at the same Highland Games meet as Clay was in Livermore last year --the difference was that Clay was competing in the B class ( I think the B stands for Big Boys) and I was competing in the 60+ geezer's class. Anyhow during lunch break, no pun intended, Clay was bending nails and bending and breaking a few wrenches, and so I invited one of the cute gal competitors over to watch. She gasped in surprise :ohmy that he could break a wrench and screamed for this crusty old judge to come over. He's one of these old curmudgeons who's not too impressed by hardly anything. She told him--"Look, Clay's breaking wrenches". This guy gets a funny look on his face like "Yeah sure". :cool And then watches as Clay easily bends and snaps a wrench. Then he looks kind of dumbstruck at Clay's face, and doesn't know what to say. Last I saw he went off kind of mumbling to himself. :D

Very nice posts by all, thank you. About a week after Clay's show, parents were telling me that their kids were still talking about him. I think the ideal age for the enjoyment factor is between around 6 and 10. The younger ones are still living in a fantasy world, and when they get closer to middle school, they start getting a little too cool to get excited. That is not to say that everone didn't enjoy it, I am saying that the off-the-charts reaction seems to be the highest for 6-10, especially 7, 8, and 9 year olds. The odd thing, at that age the girls liked it as much as the boys. I don't know if the same feats would get that type of reaction from anyone, if it was the element of unexpected enjoyment at a church function, or if it was the unique qualities of this action character described here as "The Clayminator".

When you Google "Clayminator", it says:

Did you mean "laminator"?

Lastly, Mr. Corlett, I learned to write the same place you did, 12 years of Catholic School.

Hubgeezer

• Like 1

• 11 years later...

What a cool story.  Made me wish I was there.

You need to write more Mike. :)