Stafford Bull Terriers Armwrestling Results

David Horne

Well done Alex and Oli :)

Tomorrow I'm back there where I will be in the Dog Eat Dog Pro class, and Jim Wylie will be in the Heavyweight class.

:help

Ahh sod it I ummed and ahhed about going to Seni today 'n all. I could have stopped and said hi.

Yeah John I was very proud, shouting and whooping when they were on the stage. If I upload the videos no doubt you'll hear this :blush

Steve,

Yeah, it would have been nice to have seen ya, but we're there tomorrow if ya wanna come and watch.

David

Way to go Alex and Oliver!!!!!

Dave I remember Mick Gooch from your Grip Course...really impressive and nasty looking feats!

Try not to hurt anyone today won't you!!

Nick

Well done Alex and Oli,nice to beat somebody mentally as well,especially after them beating you before.

Has Richard lost alot of weight.

Dave and Jim good luck on your divisions today.

Day 2 of the Seni exhibition 24/04/2005

My boys Oliver and Alexander came to watch me compete, and Oliver got asked whether he would like to compete in the Middleweight Pro section. He jumped at the chance, even though he'd armwrestled yesterday, and this contest was quite a hike in class for him, and he had to armwrestle them all.

The other 5 in the class were, Jonas Hammerstrom (Sweden), Mark Taylor, Aleks Kaznacheyev (Lithuania), Dean Inger and Gennady Matkovsky (Latvia). Oliver got beat by all, not suprising but nearly pinned the much bigger Gennady Matkovsky (Latvian), but then was taken slowly back. He also got into a deep hook with Kaznacheyev in their bout. Great experience for Oliver!

Here is Oliver against Matkovsky at the Seni in the Pro's

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2253

Dog Eat Dog Pro Elite Class Left Hand

This was a class of 8, with everyone armwrestling everyone in round robin style. Some of the best armwrestlers Britain had produced were in this very tough class. This was a rise up in class again for me and I was wanting it.

1st bout. v Craig 'Silver Bullet' Saunders who is probably one of the fastest armwrestlers on the planet. He'd also slammed everyone right handed earlier in the day. Anyway, I caught his big hit in a hook, and swept through him.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2256

2nd bout. v Stuart Hall. Looking at the video replay again, a bad set up here, cost me this. I am by far the least experienced in this group of athletes.

3rd bout. v Sylvan Carty. We had a bit of a to-and-fro war here in the hook, with me pinning him as he lifted his elbow for a second foul.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2257

4th bout. v Dave Martin. I decide to try and hook drag big Dave, but this was a mistake. Anyway, he just had far too much power.

5th bout. v Andy Barker. He is one of the most technical armwrestlers around, and it was a joy, to stop his top roll, and get him in the hook for a quick win.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2254

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2255

6th bout. v Arthur Dorahov. My forearm was very pumped for these last 2 bouts, and I couldn't get them into a hook. A quick loss.

7th bout. v Neil Pickup. Don't need to see our best ever armwrestler when you are fried, but here he was, and he technically moved me into the position he wanted, and top rolled me quickly.

So 3 wins out of 7, of which I am very pleased with. This is another stepping stone, and I'll use all the techniques learned from the weekend for the next contest, a big international contest in Manchester next month at the Trafford Centre called ARM WARS! It certainly was arm wars this weekend, with the performance of the weekend going to Oliver. :bow

John,

The popularity of a/w is growing all the time. It has been on main television shows the odd time, in fact with Andy Barker and Neil Pickup. Next year the World's are being held in Manchester and I think we will see a massive exposion of exposure here in the UK.

Crowds are good, most of the big Pro shows are held in public areas like shopping centres, etc, and the next big one 'Arm Wars' is in the Trafford Centre. A laser headcount last year showed over 10,000 watching Andy Barker at one time. Now that is numbers!

David

Great report, David! I glad to hear about the sucess and progress of your sons. Keep it up :rock

My class didn't get a chance to wrestle which was annoying. After having paid to get into the exhibition and then standing around for 6 hours, (with butterflies in my stomach) waiting for something that never happened, I was pretty pissed off. It would have been a compete waste of time if I hadn't got to see Dave and Oli wrestle. Just wish they’d have told us that we wouldn't be on....