• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eli72

• Bill Piche

• SHRUG

• Bearcat 74

what i would like to know is what he can deadlift :blink

According to this thread, http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=10446&st=20

3rd post down on page two he can SLDL just over 600lbs. I think I have heard mid 700's regular dead??

Is this the James Smith we call Shrug?

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album126?page=1

after those pics I will definately have to see a video of these feats he speaks of.

I don't know what a farmers shrug is but it looks like you stand w/weight on your back < <

if i remember correctly, a farmers shrug is the same as a hise shrug according to Kelso. It's like setting the bar on your back for squatting, and instead of squats you bring up your whole shoulder girdle up to your ears. Feels really awkward

I don't know what a farmers shrug is but it looks like you stand w/weight on your back  < <

Now this has turned into a thread about nitpicking on the names of the lifts? Man it's gotta suck to suddenly get questioned about every piddly little thing.

so it's like snatch or jerk supports

I was just wondering if the video has been posted yet? :erm

I gave Shrug my address so he could send me the video to digitize. Nothing here yet. Not sure if he sent it or not.

I think what everyone has done is succeeded in driving the man away. A strong man with lots to share on this board at that.

Not only has he credit carded a #3, but he has also demolished reds like nothing underhand, demolished cut reds, bent FBB stock, toyed with the blob, pinched 2-45s, pinched 3-25s, hauled up 160-pounds on my 2.5 inch Ted's Shed bar, tore stacks of cards, and bent an uncountable number of spikes. All of this either I, or Big Steve McGranahan have on video.

Shrug is a young buck yet with a bright future. I think the members of this board will be sad they drove him away.

Just my 2 cents-

-Rick Walker

i agree with rick 100 percent. enough said :mellow

Not only has he credit carded a #3, but he has also demolished reds like nothing underhand, demolished cut reds, bent FBB stock, toyed with the blob, pinched 2-45s, pinched 3-25s, hauled up 160-pounds on my 2.5 inch Ted's Shed bar, tore stacks of cards, and bent an uncountable number of spikes. All of this either I, or Big Steve McGranahan have on video.

Nobody here is doubting Shrug's grip feats. Those have been well documented by you guys. What IS in question here are the weight lifting numbers he has claimed. More than a couple people were doubtful, so he promised to get video last weekend. I'm not Shrug's apologist or his spokesperson, but if he's been busy this last week doing whatever he does all day then the video may still be in the mail.

If Shrug ran away because a few people doubted his claims, then he needs to grow a thicker skin.

Edited by ClayEdgin

If Shrug ran away because a few people doubted his claims, then he needs to grow a thicker skin.

Everytime he posts on this board, people jump down his neck. How many pages has this thread reached and how much of it is an attack on shrug? How much of his training journal is an attack on him?

Some people just dont video tape their workouts day in and day out. This video bullshit is getting out of hand. He needs thicker skin? I say the board needs thicker skin! He isnt claiming a world record-he is doing his own thing.

If we want to get technical-then no journals should be allowed unless everything that is done has video proof attached.

-Rick Walker

Time for closing this.

Video has never been required for non grip lifts.