Congratulations Mmainlands!

EricMilfeld

Mike Grutto bent a Red Nail yesterday with OldGuy as his witness. He should have no problem certifying with Iron Mind, if he so chooses, as he took down the Red using the less than comfy IM Cordura pads.

Congratulations, Mike!

Congrats Mike. :bow

Congrats Mike! This certainly wasn't his first red though! :)

congrats! and good luck with the IM cert if you try for it!

Congrats! Great bend :cool

BTW - doesn't everyone find the IM pads comfy?? :blink

Brett

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been training with the IM pads only, and the last red I bent last night was #16 for me. I do plan to go for the cert and hope to have a clear vid to post of it.

congrats, I need to do the same and start training with those pads myself. What have you learned with using the IM pads only? And how long did it take you to get a red with them ? Keep up the good work Brett......

Thanks kerbjr,

I had bent alot of volume in grade 8s and other things leading up to any red attempt, then did one with leather, and after that did the rest with just the IM wraps and was able to do one the second workout trying them. I fold them into fourths, wrap them as tight as I can, and use chalk on the inside and outside and on my hands. I have not had any problems with anything slipping this way, and in fouths the wraps are fairly thick. As Eric previosuly mentioned, dealing with the pain factor in your index fingers is a factor until the callouses build up, and even then they have split once in awhile lately.

congrats, I need to do the same and start training with those pads myself. What have you learned with using the IM pads only? And how long did it take you to get a red with them ?  Keep up the good work Brett......

Quite a pain tolerance you have there, man. Great job.

-Jedd-