Deaner Bends A Six Inch Grade 8 Bolt

smp76

While we were having a grip get together tonight I witnessed Jason "Deaner" bend under all the specific rules a legal bend a six inch grade 8 bolt. I was very impressed. Great job Jason, I am still impressed.

-Sean

"smp76"

Good job deaner I thought that you had given bending up a while back, good to see you back in action...Brett

Yes, that red will be mine, I just need to get some, I have three kinked reds, and thats it. I think I'll just work on getting some more grade 8's in, some 5.5" for now. Thanks for witnessing Sean, I was equally impressed with your loading pin lifts. What did you have me by on those, like 60+ pounds? Very nice.

And whats this certified bastard stuff, is it much harder than a red? I've always been a bastard but to be certified as one would be cool.

I believe the FBBC bars are equivalent to a red red nail 1/2" shorter (example a 6.5" red = a 7" FBBC). Clearly when you get down into the 5" range this ratio probably doesn’t hold up since your hands are getting in the way and causing a bigger and bigger problem.

I forgot what level bastard I am but I want to be the King of all Bastards :D Hey you gotta have goals :D

Edited by gamidon

I know you've been doing the grade 8 for a little while, Deaner, but congratulations on making it official!

smp76, if you could give me your last name and the city and state in which the bend took place I can add Deaner to the list. Also, I've forgotten your full name, Deaner.

I haven't done any bending in quite a while, since I had a witness handy figured I nail that grade 8, I didn't have a red with me. It didn't feel too hard and since I haven't bent in a while I think it would be a fairly short road to the red. I would really like to see my name in the ironmind catalog. I probably won't do much volume to get there just 5-10 bends a week.

I forgot what level bastard I am but I want to be the King of all Bastards  :D Hey you gotta have goals  :D

A Magnificent Bastard!

Eric,

smp76= Sean Prince and the bend took place in Eagleriver, Alaska on Monday the 3rd of January 2005 about sevenish in the P.M. :D Let me know if you need some more info.

-Sean

P.S. Eric how did that candy cane bend come out for the Christmas ornaments?

Thanks, Sean. Deaner also sent me the information, so you guys have already been added to the list.

I didn't do any candycane bends myself, but my five year old son made a couple out of 1/8" brass.