Ironmind Nail Bending

Cbel413

Hello,

I started nail bending about a month ago :) . I have the Ironmind "Bag of Nails" and the FBBC "Beginner's Bending Bag". I find the White nail easy to bend and the green nail isn't that hard either. My problem is that I can't budge the yellow nail at all :angry: . Is there any intermediate nail between the green and yellow that I can work with?? Or should i just up my volume of green nails that I bend in a workout??? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Welcome to the club! :) I was in the same situation when I first started bending a few months ago. I suggest you work on the green and do one yellow per session, cheat kinked to an angle from which you can finish it. Decrease the angle as you progress. I started at 70 degrees about a month ago, and early this week I finished my first yellow without a cheat kink. It took two sessions, though. Tomorrow I'll try to kill one in one go.

Rolle

You can also start cutting some of the length of the bars you can do to make them harder. You can go in increments as low as 1/8", but most I have heard go with 1/4" jumps. Eventually you will walk yourself right into the next level bar. good luck.

Greg

in between steel, in the increasing order of difficulty I have found:

3/16" square steel

8 twist timber ties

12 twist timber ties

grade 2 bolt

zinc plated 1/4" steel from home depot

The cheapest thing to do is volume work with the timber ties.

Edited by Scott Styles

Thanks for all the info!! I'll be doing some practice tonight and I'll see how everything goes.

Do they sell the timber ties at Home Depot??? Any specific brand names I should look for???

Thanks again!!!

Chris

Every Home Depot I have seen has Timber Ties. The brand is Grip Rite. Box will say NAILS 6" 60D 6" Hot Galv Timber Tie. The color on the label is green. Look at the made in information on the label. China are easier than USA. I bought a bucket of them and went through them all. Volume is good to get your hands and wrists conditioned for bending. Once you are comfortable with the TTs you should work on being explosive from the start. You need to continue to push yourself to get the nails faster and faster. Explode into them as if you want to completely bend it in one motion. This will be necessary when you start getting bigger and bigger steel.

Timber ties seem to vary a bunch, mine are real close to a 60d. I'd buy some 1/4" HRS and start cutting it down, start with 7" its probably doable at your level of strength and once you get down to 6" or so the yellow is yours.