Bars, Nails And Shoes Bent By Great Strongmen

David Horne

Here's my collection of bars, nails and shoes bent by such great strongmen such as Pat Povilaitis, Dennis Rogers, Steve McGranaham, George Christian, Heinz Ollesch, Woodrow Bussey, Ben Read, etc.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=1541

Also some dynamometers featured as well.

As I've said to a few other great benders if you want to add a special piece to this collection I would be very honoured.

David

Dave,

What type of bending has Heinz Ollesch done? He always has come across as a throwback to the great old time strongmen. The year in WSM where he went head to head in that deep Bavarian deadlift with Gerrit Badenhorst was one of my all time favorite events.

Dave,

What type of bending has Heinz Ollesch done?  He always has come across as a throwback to the great old time strongmen.  The year in WSM where he went head to head in that deep Bavarian deadlift with Gerrit Badenhorst was one of my all time favorite events.

He was the first person I've ever seen videos of cigarring a frying pan. He was also very (the most) dominant on the All-Strength Nations Challenge for two years.

Not that I can even hold a candle to the guys you mentioned, but I would gladly donate a bent 5/16" G5 bolt bent unbraced and a 80d bent braced to fill some board space.

Heinz rolled the frying pan pictured.

Clay,

That sounds fantastic, I would be honoured Clay, and don't 'down' yourself as you ARE a strong man! Tell me if you need my address. Hope you had a good christmas.

David

David,

I did not know that you got to compete with Jon Pall. Very cool! How far was that farmer's walk/run with the 200 pound objects? Also, I do not see a frying pan in that picture of your bending collection. Nice pics in your gallery!

Steve

Steve,

I would guess that the Farmers Walk that day was around 50-60metres with one turn.

Yes your eagle eye was right. This is an old photo and done before I got the frying pan and a few other items. Anyway, I'm getting a few other bent items and will take an up to date pic when I get these, and of course post it. Glad you like the pics.

David