The Grand Bastard Challenge Cancelled!

John Beatty

Greg Amidon & Dave Morton have made the Grand Bastard Challenge a moot point, both men have taken down the 5.5" x 5/16 round FBBC bar. Cert papers & pics forthcoming, but thought the announcement should be made for this landmark! Congrats to both!! :yikes

:bow

Awesome performance!

Congrats Dave and Greg.

Great job men :bow

Huge bends guys! Congrats!

Thanks guys.

I like the FBBC bars, they are cut nice and beveled slightly. I have been asked how I would rate them and I believe that they are equivalent to a red red nail 1/2" shorter (example a 6.5" red = a 7" FBBC) I am interested in others opinions on this. Clearly when you get down into the 5" range this ratio probably doesn’t hold up since your hands are getting in the way and causing a bigger and bigger problem. This is one case where smaller hands would be a distinct advantage, less to get in the way.

Please be sure to check out my blog, I try to write my workouts and even try to be funny while doing it (yet another thing I am probably failing at :D ). I do this stuff for fun and if it wasn't I wouldn't bother.

I have gained some good friends from the gripboard, I draw a lot of motivation from them. People like Dave Morton and Steve McGranahan were teaching me how to bend back when I was having difficulty bending dandelions. World class guys in strength and character. I only hope to be half as helpful to others as they have been to me.

Quick story and I will stop boring you:

Dave sent me my first red along with some other bending stuff. I think I was up to about 3 dandelions at the time and looking at the red was intimidating. He sent along a bent one and I was in awe of it. Well the day came where I bent my first grade 8 and Steve McGranahan told me to get a red and get it done. I was all jacked up cause my first grade 8 attempt I killed in about 12 seconds. I grabbed the red that Dave sent and for the first time my wife was actually watching me bend. I hit that thing and it started moving, took me about 25 seconds to complete. I was walking on air.... Then Chris Munger on chat told me that Dave probably heated the bar and it wasn’t a real one. Now I know Chris was messing with me, but I couldn’t stop thinking about that. I waited 2 weeks for some reds to show up before I was convinced it wasn’t true. Hate to say it but Munger got me and got me bad. I owe him one and one day I will repay the favor... :D Worst part is Dave would heat the bar up in a heartbeat if he thought about it ahead of time... That was the only shiny red I ever tried, and it WAS easier than the ones I got from IM...

Greg Amidon

I hit that thing and it started moving, took me about 25 seconds to complete.  I was walking on air....  Then Chris Munger on chat told me that Dave probably heated the bar and it wasn’t a real one.  Now I know Chris was messing with me, but I couldn’t stop thinking about that.  I waited 2 weeks for some reds to show up before I was convinced it wasn’t true.  Hate to say it but Munger got me and got me bad.  I owe him one and one day I will repay the favor...  :D Worst part is Dave would heat the bar up in a heartbeat if he thought about it ahead of time...  That was the only shiny red I ever tried, and it WAS easier than the ones I got from IM...

Greg Amidon

LOL Hey hey, tell the story right. I didn't say "Dave probably heated it up" I said "Yeah, that's the one Dave heated up. He thinks its funny to do that to people." Much more of a direct mindfruck. :D I know it was cruel, but knowing that you had just bent a real one, it was funny to give you and your dandelions 30 seconds of doubt. :cool (We immediately let him know it was a joke)