Training For The Crush Down, How?

FrankyBoy

Yesterday I'd to learn that even my chest crush is still too weak for the IM Red Nail.

Since I'm training three times a week in a gym, I'd be interested in exercises which improve the crush down.

Any ideas?

I think Dips are good for the crush down.

They Train the Shoulders, Chest and Trizeps in a very good way!

Then Chin-Ups and Stuff like that. Because I think the Lattismus and the Trapezius is very Important, too!

I prefer Exercieses wich worke muscel groups not a spezified muscel because in the crush down many muscels have to worke together.

So it`s better to train the muscels that are needed together than every muscel with a singel spezified exercies.

Edited by tobi

My crushdown strength has recently experienced some good gains, and I attribute it to crushing down (and attempting to crush down) tougher, and tougher steel. Nothing compares with the results of fighting out tough bends. I do bench once a week to maintain some upper body mass, but my bench strength really hasn't increased in forever.

I remember someone recomending (I believe it was Clay) taking tough steel (tougher than your max) and cheat bending it in a vice to get the initial kink, then performing the chest crush on it.

As Twig says try using a #3 or #4 or something harder if need be just be careful they don't slip when doing this.

You can put athletic tape on your palms or on the bottom of the gripper handles

when trying this to avoid slippage even further than the knurl itself provides.

I remember someone recomending (I believe it was Clay) taking tough steel (tougher than your max) and cheat bending it in a vice to get the initial kink, then performing the chest crush on it.

Yup. I had 5/16" x 7" CRS pieces bent in 5-10 degree increments and when I could crush one down, I'd move on to the next harder one. By the time I got to 30 degrees, I was strong enough to kink a straight one well past 30 degrees and kill it.

Edited by ClayEdgin

A gym exercise I do for chest sometimes is the chest press with weight. I usually take a 25Kg bumper plate, put a loading pin through it and add smaller diameter metal plates on the side. This leaves enough room for my hands to get on it. I interlace my fingers, put the palms on the top of each side of the plate and pick the thing up. I try to not regrip after setting the plate down again because it is more difficult that way.

something similar to foggy I tryed for some close had chest crushing strength was taking 2 plates smooth side out and like pinching, attempting to keep them together when I lift them. I normally put my hand directly in the middle of the plate.

Just chest crush grippers. once you can chest crush a #4 you should e able to chest crush a red nail.or you can kink something easy like a grade 5, and crush it down later after it has cooled off.

• 2 weeks later...

hi franky try cable crossovers but where a coat so you can let the cable ride right behind your elbow hold the handels at chest high and pull your arms down to your side and back up you just did one rep like you are flying might look stupid but it works double overhand :dry