Is It Cheating

Jedd Johnson

Is it illegal contact with the body if the palm gets braced against the shoulder during a bend?

-Jedd-

Although I am having a hard time visualizing what you mean, I think the rules say that contact with the upper body is permitted as long as it is above the pec line. The only way I could see the palm touching the shoulder is if you busted out with the Macarena dance in the middle of the bend.

Edited by ClayEdgin

I do something similar when I bend double UH, my thumbs contact shoulders and definitly increase my power, but according to the rules it is legal...Also use my pecs as a natural fulcrum with my palms.........as I pull down and flex it gives me some assistance.....Brett

Pat originally drafted the rules to allow for the upper body contact to help prevent injury. I think this is a valid consideration, but yes, additional leverage can be gained.

Thanks.

Might have been better to say wrist than palm, Clay. Sorry for the mis-communication.

Macarena - You're reading my mind.

-Jedd-

Hmm, Jedd and Macarena?

Damned, can't get this thing out of my head. :whacked

Argh, now it is in color.

Ouch, now in dolby surround.

:help

I just tried to touch my hand and my wrist to my shoulder and my shoulder popped. Maybe I'm missing something here?

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT: Asked for a clarification of the "above pec line" rule, but then realized the complete rules were stuck at the top of this forum. Woohoo! I'm not cheating. :)

Rolle

Edited by rolf

if you busted out with the Macarena dance in the middle of the bend.

A move worthy of public execution.

And eternal damnation in hell.

Edited by Meat Loaf