John O'brien Nails The 6.5 And 6in Fbbc

kerbjr

John O'Brien Officially certified on both the 6.5 and 6 inch Fbbc bars tonight. I was given the great honour of certifing him, and all I can say is....... Awesome. He smoked the 6 incher in 26 seconds, and it was off center by almost 1/4 inch or so.. We got it all on video and I assume that he will post it on his web site.(hint hint).. There is little doubt in my mind that he will bend the 5.5 in Jan, dude is amazing, and probably the most humble fellow you will ever meet. For those of you wondering what style he uses it is Double overhand, similar to Pats style, he buries the nail down to his palmer crease (middle of palm), not pistol grip style like me.. Bending is still just a hobby to him as he actively pursues Strongman, Powerlifting and just recently Olympic lifting, in fact he was split pressing 300lbs tonight right before he bent....Congrats John you da man......Brett :rock

Congratulations, John!

Looks like the Fat Bastard certs are gaining some popularity. :cool

Congrats, John! Looks like the Grand Bastard competition is getting big!

I've had a crazy run on bending supplies over the last week. I've got about 750 pieces of steel to cut & grind on Mon. I guess I'll be adding a few more... :D

Thanks guys!! I had a very good day and was very happy with the bends that I did. The guy that was taping the bends was using an older cam corder, so the tape is not digital. I only mention this because it will take a bit longer than usual for me to get the video up, but I will get it distributed (this week hopefully).

BTW, I don't know how you guys train, but when I'm training bending I don't use chalk (because my office has a black carpet and it's a pain to clean up), but when I go to certify I do use chalk and it makes a huge difference! The first time I bent a 6" FBBC nail, it took about 3.5 minutes without chalk, but when I certified on Friday, it took less than 30 seconds. I guess the moral is to train under more difficult conditions than you will be competing and when you get to the competition, it will be cake!

Outstanding job John!

Are you talking about chalk on the hands or on the wraps? I've never put chalk on the wrapping, I usually have some chalk residue on my hands from grippers.

I chalk my hands, not the wraps (I have chalked wraps in the past, but I didn't think I got much out of it). I don't chalk for grippers either, but I may have to try that too. Thanks for the idea!

:bow

Quick'n dirty, ehh?

Congrats John.