Braced Bending

sammyg

I can bend a 5.6mm nail while braced but cannot seem to bend it unbraced. Should I just keep bending braced until I can bend a 60D braced? Or should I keep trying to bend the 5.6mm unbraced and not move onto trying the 60D until I can do that?

What is the most effective route to take in this situation?

Thanks guys!

If your goal is to increase your unbraced bending strength, I would suggest training unbraced. Start with some easier steel, cut it down as you progress, and then move on to tougher stuff.

Will doing heavyier braced bending help for other un braced bends? example like doing heavy partials/negatives to help out for full range lifts..????? :blink

Do you get much out of heavy partial movements? I haven't noticed a tremendous carry over from partial DL to full DL or partial squats to full squats. I think it mostly has to do with the difference in setup and execution, but I'm not sure. If that is true, then I wouldn't expect much carryover from braced bending to unbraced (except for the crush).

Like Eric said, if you want to get better at unbraced, practice unbraced.