Crush Training

Fuel Crusher

I used my crush machine for the second time today, at the end of my regular workout and also after playing with block weights and some pinching. I must say it felt great. I've been experiencing knuckle pain when using my grippers so have locked them away for a while. I felt absolutely no pain with my machine.

Before locking away my grippers I was at the level of about 2 sets of 5 reps with a CoC 1, I could get maybe 8 or 9 reps in one go.

Here's what I did

Negatives with 7.5kg, 2 sets of 6 reps each hand (these consisted of a short crush and slow opening, no positive movement on these reps)

Full reps with no added weight 2 sets of 10 reps each hand. (These felt fantastic, because the pressure is applied evenly throughout the rep it felt much more like a regular exercise, ie full reps until failure rep, hard to put into words)

Because the weight is applied evenly, the outer sweep part of the reps are incredibly hard, especialy on the negatives. Sure feels like it'll be worth working on.

I'm going to use this every other workout for a few months (the other includes thick handles & timed holds) see how I progress and then see if it carries over to the grippers.

I'll hopefully post my training on this as I go along.

James I've not bought the No2 yet due to the pain the 1 gave me, I may buy it in a few months after I have a go on my 1 again, IF there is no knuckle pain.

Jan 15

Block weight curls

0.5kg 3 sets of 10 full reps each hand.

7.5kg 2 sets of 5 negatives each hand.

I thought I'd be better off doing the full reps before the negatives as the norm, I'm also planning on lowering the reps as i get a few weeks into the cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

Jan 24

Block weight curls

1kg 3 sets of 9 full reps each hand.

Farmers walk with block weights, lots of.

I felt terrible for my workout today, bad day at work, bad eating/drinking etc. Almost threw up during my regular exercises. I had intended to drop the reps down over the next few weeks so the drop to 9 reps was planned, however the additional 1/2kg I put on the machine was very noticable. I think I may have to modify my machine to allow smaller increments.

Jan 31

Lots of two handed pinching with my 2" block.

Crush machine:

1.5kg three sets of 8 reps per hand (intentionally dropped to 8 reps, only just got them though)

2.5kg three sets of 8 partial reps per hand (By placing a block in the machine I was able to work over about the last half of the usual ROM, this way heavier weights could be used without the weak outer sweep limiting things, these felt great)

FC

Feb 06

Warm up with block weights

Crush machine:

2kg four sets of 7 reps each hand (gonna settle on 6 reps)

4kg four sets of 7 partial reps (last half of ROM)

Held 6kg closed for 30 sec each hand

Held 8kg closed for 30 sec each hand

Held 10kg closed for 22 sec right hand, couldn't hold closed with left.

Repped out with no weight 17 right hand, 22 left.

Huge pump in hands and forearms after that lot.

Yesterday I did many sets of 10 reps with my trainer Coc to test out my knuckle, no problems.

High volume today was due to lower back not recovered enough for squats so had plenty of time to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Feb 15

Crush machine:

Warm up with no weight.

2.5kg four sets of 6 full reps per hand. (V.hard to get the last rep with right hand)

5kg Partial reps 5 right, 6 left

5kg Partial reps 4 right, 6 left

5Kg Partial reps 3 right, 6 left

5kg Partial reps 3 right, 7 left to failure.

Right hand got very trashed on the last set of full reps, hence the difficult partials.

• 2 weeks later...

Feb 24

Warm up with no weight on machine.

3kg Full reps, sets of 6, 6, 4. Both hand.

5.5kg Partial reps 6 reps R & L

5.5kg Partial reps 4 reps R, 5 reps L

5kg Partial reps 6 reps R & L

5kg Partial reps 5 reps R, 6 reps L

Finisher with no weight added:

22 full reps straight onto 17 partials, right hand.

27 full reps straight onto 21 partials, left hand.

Note, The additional 1/2 kg realy threw me into failure territory today, I'll work on getting 3 sets of 6 before I move up to 3.5kg.

• 2 weeks later...

Mar 04

Crush machine:

Warm up with no weight on machine.

3kg Full reps 3 sets of 6 reps both hands.

5.5kg Partial reps 2 sets of 6 reps both hands then 4 R and 6 L.

Forced negatives 6 per hand (couldn't even start a close with no weight after these)

D.lift timed holds & some pinching.

I was surprised I progressed this workout as I'm still feeling the effects of my first 60D nail bend the other day, also I trained at 3 AM. The next 1/2kg jump is gonna feel massive.

FC