60d Or Grade 5

Concrete Pete

i have 2 questions

my first question is which is harder to bend a grade 5 bolt or a 60d nail?

my second question is how many grade 2 bolts should i be able to bend in a row knowing my hands and wrists are strong enough to bend the next up?

that is if im correct about this question, if i am wrong correct me.... thanks in advance :)

Some G2 are easy and some are hard, and I'm not really sure how reps equates to 1 rep max. How many reps w/315 before your ready for 405 for 1? Who knows? Maybe 10 maybe 20, depending on the person. G5 is harder than most 60d, I'm sure you can find exceptions either way.

Just try a G5 every workout. Unless you find some easy 60's they are about the same. The reason I say G5 is because it will give you a better guage as to where you are. 60's vary too much and some are harder. It's possible you could be fighting 60's and able to bend a G5 for quite some time.

As for the reps individual lifters sometimes vary so does the exercise. You can find various charts and fomulas on the interenet. Just do a max and the next week do reps refer to the formula and see how close it is. I found one that is right on target for me. I know for a fact that 315x9 on the bench press = 405 for me. The lifter will know though experience exactly where they are by the reps without the need to max out.

Last week I did 350x7 which equals around 420 something. This saves my shoulders. I know if I get 10 reps I'll be ready to try 450. Until then there is no reason to place that much strain on my body.

thanks for the information guys much appreciated... i think this is why i enjoy being a part of the gripboard. no one thinks they are better than anyone else. everyone is trying to achieve the same goals and just lending helping hands and experienced information to help each others to achieve their personal goals. :rock

thanks for the information guys much appreciated... i think this is why i enjoy being a part of the gripboard. no one thinks they are better than anyone else. everyone is trying to achieve the same goals and just lending helping hands and experienced information to help each others to achieve their personal goals.  :rock

sorry pete, i must disagree with you. I think i'm better than you. :tongue