A Bender's Christmas

EricMilfeld

What a great idea! :mosher

Its time to start collecting the bent nails.

I told you that you had to post that. I thought it was the coolest idea. I just wonder how you got the tree to standup to all the weight?

I told you that you had to post that.  I thought it was the coolest idea.  I just wonder how you got the tree to standup to all the weight?

It's funny you should mention that, Mike, because everyone commenced to placing the decorations on the front side of the tree and before long realised the tree was about to fall over! :laugh

Eric,

Please tell me that this picture was from last year...I mean as beautiful as they are we are not even to turkey day yet. Oohhh, maybe corn cob holders are in the future.

-Sean

Sean, no the pictures are from this year. The mega commercial corporate aspect of starting Christmas too early has always been a gripe of mine, but in this instance I'd better back my wife in her decision to start decorating early. :D

Gary, awesome idea with the candy cane bends! :mosher

I understand in the wife regard. The candy cane idea is awesome, have you thought of pinting the ridge line of a twisted piece of square stock for the candy strip effect, or glue a series of V bends together to make stars?

I think they are great man!

-Sean.

Awesome idea Eric!! What kindof paint/etc. are they using to decorate the shrapnel with?

BTW check back in the older posts and you'll see Tom Black posted a picture of some bent nails hanging on a tree :)

Jon@han

Sean, great ideas! Sandra's currently working on making a wreath.

Gripgal, I swear she came up with this on her own when I was at work last week. :inno

Jonathan, she used metallic spraypaint and glitter glue. And I'll have you know I'm a bit of an artist myself, and am now inspired to create a few pieces.

Parg, you have my full consent. And that's cool you did that!

And the best part of all this is I now have an excuse for spending so much time out in the garage bending little pieces of metal - I'm creating decorations for the family tree!

So now you're bending "for the children" so you can see their happy smiling faces? Purely an altruistic guesture!

I wish my Missus would buy that!

Eric, just wondering..because we had gold spray painted nails on our tree last year for christmas. We also put nails on the gifts with bows.  :D

I did not know that. I was wondering about your meaning. And nails with bows on the gifts is taking the theme to a whole new level of creativity. Very cool! I guess great minds do think alike. That would be you and Sandra, not me. :tongue

Eric,

I think all of these ideas are awesome, have you ever thought about scrolling your avatar for a orniment? or wreath? Smaller stock of course but it would sure be impressive.

-Sean

Eric,

I think all of these ideas are awesome, have you ever thought about scrolling your avatar for a orniment? or wreath? Smaller stock of course but it would sure be impressive.

-Sean

If you could do it, that would look cool beyond the telling. Are you suggesting one long piece of steel, or perhaps three pieces? Looks tricky.

Looks like it would have to be three separate pieces. But, man, that would be cool to see. Way cooler than the lame pine cone wreathes that my used to get :-)

Go for it Eric!